Brave browser 1.4.2, Android, cannot access brave rewards

@TheoBoy,
Your device must (at this time) pass the safteynet check in order to access Brave rewards.

I see. The device is unlocked so i suppose that is the cause but anything i can do to fix it?(other than re-locking it of course)

@TheoBoy,
Other than re-locking the answer is no, unfortunately. We’ll be sure to update everyone once a different methodology is implemented.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Figured as much. well thank you for the clarification and i hope to see different methodologies in the near future.

1 Like

@coinzdude Maybe you hid the rewards icon by mistake.

Go to Hamburger Menu -> Settings -> Appearance and check Hide Brave Rewards Icon.
Is should be disabled.

I don’t have that option

I posted similar on the github related issue, but wanted to keep this thread alive in case there were different eyes on it. I updated to 1.6.2 from Google Play Store today but still don’t yet see the Brave Rewards option. The bug notes seem to indicate would be covered in 1.6.2, so I wanted to share that it is not yet working for me.

I’m on 1.6.3 at this point, but still without brave rewards

On 1.7, issue still present

@coinzdude because the fix is hasn’t been done. The issue linked above is still “open”.

Hi,

here another poor guy with the same issue, I have no wallet on mobile but all is fine on the laptop…

Thank you so much,

Pietro

I have the same problem just hope it gets fixed soon.

Same problem over here. Some Chinese phones just don’t work that nice without unlocking them…

I have the exact same problem here. I’ll just add that i do get ad notifications from time to time, i’ve no ideia if it gets registered when clicked though. Brave 1.5.7, Android 9 (LOS 16.1), rooted but SafetyNet pass.

Same exact problem as the OP, unlocked samsung s9+ on v1.5.7 that doesn’t show the rewards screen, button, or any options. Still receiving ads and notifications.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Questions about Rewards

Have the same problem… did anyone solved it already?

Apparently it got partially fixed on 1.5.120. It shows the rewards button in the address bar, and clicking on it opens the rewards details popup (although auto contribute is enabled by default for every website!?). The thing is i cant access chrome:rewards config page, i get “this site cant be reached” error.

Well, I’m hoping this isn’t a complete disaster. I see the rewards button and it is not showing any rewards balance. That would be something, a full years worth of ads… no rewards.

Same here, apparently the bat count isn’t synched, i just hope it doesn’t get lost somewhere.