Brave Ads Stopped Working! Brave Rewards Stopped Accumulating! Brave and Brave Beta rewards are broken and do no accumulate any more on MacBook MacOS Since Nov 6, 2021. Help!

Briefly describe your issue:

Ads WORK, but no Brave Reward! Repeat Ads work, but no reward. Brave Browser STOPPED giving rewards for me in March 2020 on my MacBook laptop. I switched to Brave BETA and it worked and I have received rewards ever since. This past week, Brave BETA stopped giving rewards. The amount froze. So, today, I downloaded the latest Brave Browser ( not beta) and rewards do not increment, they stay at zero while ads continue to display. Ads display as expected, but the rewards do not increment.

My previous bug report the team was focused on Ads. This is not about Ads.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using ( Menu --> About Brave )?
Mac OS Big Sur 11.6
Version 1.33.77 Chromium: 96.0.4664.35 (Official Build) beta (x86_64)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Couple months ago.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not applicable

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

There is clearly a bigger problem that hasn´t been adressed yet, I’m still waiting to see what happens.

2 Likes

Hi @mkneisler, welcome to Community :smiley:
Can you please DM me your Wallet ID (found at brave://rewards-internals)

Hello @SaltyBanana, I sent you my wallet ID but you didn´t reply back, could you take a look, please?

Hi @Temp1010 could you send another DM, it looks to have been received.

Any updates, action or suggestions to get the rewards working again?

Updated to latest Brave, but NO JOY.

Version 1.33.87 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) beta (x86_64)

Unfortunately, multiple wallets have been flagged. You could try contacting the staff (and be patient) or reinstall the browser and try again.

Thank you. Here is the interesting part. Maybe this helps others who are frustrated with Brave reward performance on MacOS. I have connected my Uphold account to another PC. This PC (Windows 10) works perfectly. Ads show, rewards accumulate. All as expected and all good. The wallet, the Uphold account are properly accumulating rewards with NO interruption or problem. If the wallet is corrupted/compromised/problematic, then why would it work on MC but not MacOS? Thanks again for the interest and support. Cheers.

Here are details on the PC: Brave version 1.32.113 Chromium 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) 64-bit)

I just uninstalled Brave Beta and Brave browsers. Started completely over on my MacBook and reinstalled Brave. The rewards show ZERO although ads are seen. There is no feedback on a flagged wallet and the benefit from Brave seems mitigated with the lack of transparency and support. Can someone provide some helpful feedback or next action?

Last update:

Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Hi @mkneisler, if I’m not mistaken we worked together and removed the flag from your wallet several days ago.

It is expected that when you delete the browser that the rewards would disappear unless the wallet is verified.

Hello Steeven, and thank you for the reply. Your information helps. The Wallet has been verified. Also, as a point of interest, I have Brave on a Windows computer and it has not stopped working for the past 10 months. It works fine with the same wallet. I also have all Brave browsers synched and this appears to work fine. It is my MacBook which is problematic and shows zero rewards after viewing an ad. Any thoughts or ideas?

hi i had dm you ,relating to my bat vanished issue,it has been more than 10 days i am waiting for a reply,pls check dm

Trying this article. Maybe it helps someone.

This did article did not help or improve the situation.

Will start a new thread as the conditions for this one have changed and there is no real solution on hand. Since writing, all ads have stopped and the there is no life in the Brave browser regarding rewards. This is a complete rewards/ads fail and there is no hope at this time.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue and there are now multiple threads with so many of us experiencing the same issue for a week to over a month. Not sure what is happening but please, mods give us a response! Is there a solution in the works, what is being done about this, if anything at all??

1 Like

Will pause on a new thread, but wanted to share the Ads stopped working. Now to be clear, browser main page will present an ad, but there are NO popups and ZERO brave rewards. Again, this works fine on my PC, Windows 10 computer, but not on MACOS. Can anyone help? Thank you.

There is no answer to this question. No ads, no rewards, no solution.

Very strange but on one random day there was 0.261 BAT in the account. Yeah, but it stopped immediately. Being in the computer software industry, the support is unusual. Can someone explain he best way to connect and get support to benefit all users of Brave?

Kind regards.