Brave Ads not showing anymore few days ago

Briefly describe your issue:
I had been unable to receive ads for the last few days although i spent same amount of time on brave as before. After following up the solution from any of the post, the ads still wont show. And I checked the log in brave://rewards-internals/, i found out this is logged when i noticed i was unable to receive ads.

[Feb 23, 2022, 9:38:44.9 AM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Feb 23, 2022, 9:38:47.4 AM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Feb 23, 2022, 9:38:47.4 AM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed
[Feb 23, 2022, 9:39:44.0 AM:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[Feb 23, 2022, 9:39:44.0 AM:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed

and i check the ads history shows that lot of ads being dismissed, will this be the reason that cause me unable to receive ads?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 11 and Version 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
2021/10/10

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes and also able to receive ads

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Hi and welcome to the community. If you are still not receiving ads, this post may help:

If you think your account has been flagged, then you should send a direct message (DM) to the moderators. Provide the link to your post and the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in `Settings → Brave Rewards

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

How to DM a moderator:

1. Click on their icon and select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.
1 Like

thanks for replying. I will try to DM them because I already followed the post shared by you before I posting my problem.

1 Like

Clear your browsing data.

Will this really work? Cuz i using YouTube without login and don’t want to lose the cookie ATM

If you’ve been through the basic troubleshooting to make sure things like Focus Assist isn’t on, that you don’t have new controllers/mouse that might interfere, etc then it might be that you’ve ended up getting flagged. It happens on occasion and can be frustrating when it does. The only resolution after you’ve checked things on your end is to send a Direct Message (DM) to @steeven and @Mattches as they are the ones who work to resolve all things regarding ads and BAT payments.

That is strictly an error log. I get the same exact errors you mentioned but I still see TONS of ads and receive all payments. I’ve tried to get the staff to explain what the logs are referencing, but they wish to keep it confidential. The only thing they did share is that it’s nothing for us to be concerned with and that us trying to post logs or assume what they mean is only going to cause issues.

This means something is dismissing the ads and not letting them generate. As I’ve been told before, ads need to be “Viewed” in order to get BAT. If it’s being dismissed, that means they are being cleared as soon as notifications are arriving, therefore it’s not being marked as Viewed. What does confuse me is years ago one of the Rewards support mentioned that Dismissed doesn’t prevent you from earning BAT, but elsewhere I’ve looked and seen it does. I plan on reaching out for clarification on this here later. Until then though, I’d look to see if you can figure out what you have going on with your device that might be dismissing notifications.

It is possible that something is interfering. If you’ve cleared your history at all during the time you’ve stopped receiving ads and exited/restarted the browser, this probably isn’t your problem and it won’t help.

You can selectively clear cookies/data but depending on how long you been using the browser without clearing history, the list may be long and you have to clear one at a time.

brave://settings/content/all
brave://settings/siteData
brave://settings/content/javascript

Hope I didn’t miss any!

Edit to add brave://history/

So when I look back to the ads history, i found that the ads start to become less and less since 16 feb and guess what, Release Notes V1.35.103 (Feb 16, 2022).
In the days that followed, the ads were reduced from 8-10+ to 1-5.
And for the last two days, I have not received any ads.

Yeah, ads change all the time. Campaigns actually decreased recently as many ended. Right now, even in the United States, there are only 11 campaigns. Many of those campaigns limit users to seeing their ads only up to 10 times. Once you hit that limit, you can’t see those ads again. On top of that, some might limit.

Like one company advertised up to 100x maximum ads, but ONLY on iOS (which users can’t earn BAT from anyway). Also is another campaign that is Android only.

Sadly, amount of ads we get will vary regularly and we’re never guaranteed much. You can keep tabs on how many campaigns are in your area and the limit for each ad at https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

Oh, I didn’t realize you had received some ads since you posted. You may not have a problem at all as @Saoiray explained.

There are 5 campaigns for my region and 4 out of 5 had set a max of 10.
Currently i had reach 2 maximum, and left:
2 → 1 / — / — / 10
1 → 2/ — / — / 10
1 → 2 / — / — / 20

So this might be the reason that i stop receiving ads as much as before?

I receiving 1 or 2 ads after I had posting here and for the last 2 days are totally 0.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s possible. Only 5 campaigns isn’t much. And if they have quick maximum, then that’s the maximum in the entire run time, however many days/weeks/months they run it. (you can see on that list when it started and when it ends).

So I’m sure you know, but the number on the left is how many times you can see that ad in a day. So if you see 1 there, once you see it in a day, you can’t see it again. Assuming they are all 1-2 per day, that means the absolute maximum amount of ads you’d see in a day (if the 5 campaigns are 2x per day) would be 10 in a day. Then if the maximum you can see is 10x during the whole time, then within 5 days of seeing them, you’d no longer get to see their ads.

Alright, thanks for explaining.
Still waiting for the mod to check if I am flagged

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.