Bookmark button - Option to remove

Hi,
I know that this suggestion have been made many times in here, but i think is time to address it once again.

The “Add to bookmark” button is just plain unnecessary for most of the users. While in Chrome the option is a little more “hidden”, in Brave is right next to the “home” button. This can lead to many false presses - i myself have a few bookmarks “empty” because i clicked in this button instead of the Home.

I think a quick and simple option to disable this button is enough, so everyone is happy:

• Who uses the button, can still mantain it on the UI
  • Who doesn’t use the button, can hide it

A option to add it to the address bar - like Chrome - can also be helpfull. So is not hidden, and can still be used, but is more optimized in the UI to avoid acidental clicks.

Hope to see this as a positive thing to make Brave better to everyone :slight_smile:

I agree, there should be an option to keep it or remove it. Or at the very least make it possible to choose WHERE to display the button, as I accidentally press it instead of clicking on the home button… I’ve managed to solve this by using the short address box, but it feels ugly to me

2 Likes

While I’ve never misclicked the bookmark button, more choice would be great.

1 Like

I quit others browsers because they did not offer that button… or not by default anyway (no time to look into alien minds); even though, I support the ability to remove that button provided that it is there by default.

You mean like this option? :slight_smile:

1 Like