Beyond disappointed, Brave erased all bookmarks on update

I just updated Brave on my iPhone and lost ALL my bookmarks. Hundreds of them, 3 years’ worth, all filed, nested and organized. I got no warnings this could happen. Tried to restore them via the Files app but they aren’t there.

I know, lots of worse things are happening in the world right now. But this is still a giant kick in the balls.

Thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry that happened to you, I know it must really bite.

This is the first time I’ve heard of this happening on iOS/mobile specifically so I’m not sure if anything can be done here. Give me some time to talk to the iOS team about this and see if there is anything that can be done here.

Do you have sync enabled?

Thank you Mattches. I appreciate you trying. Would be fantastic if you come up with a solution.

I choose not to sync my phone. So far I have been happy with that choice. I know I run a risk if I lose or crash it. But I didn’t think that risk would extend to losing Brave bookmarks in a Brave update.

Hi Mattches, just checking back in. Any chance you were able to find out if something could be done to recover my lost bookmarks?

Apologies — I’ve been on PTO for the holidays.

I can ask the iOS team to take a look again but it is likely that there may not be a way to recover those bookmarks, unfortunately. For clarity can you please tell me what you were doing when your bookmarks disappeared? Or did you just open the browser up to find that the bookmarks had been cleared?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.