Avast password down after 1.21 Brave update

Since the last update of Brave (1.21) Avast Password does not work. Avast password extension on Brave claims for an active Antivirus to work while Avast antivirus in running.

The issue is not fixed even with full Brave de-installation and new installation
This bug concerns three different computers with same configuration and version of Windows/Avast/Brave.

Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@NTGroup,
Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please share a screenshot of the warning/error displayed that Avast! extension displays?
Additionally, can you tell me the exact extension you have installed at this time? I cannot find “Avast password” of any kind (although I can find other Avast! extensions)?

Hi !

Here is a screenshot of Avast error message.

Of course as written in post Avast is running.

@NTGroup,
Thank you for the screenshot. Can you also tell me the exact Avast! extension you have installed so that I can be sure I’m testing the right thing?

@NTGroup,
Additionally, would you be willing to download (if you don’t already have one installed) either Chrome or MS Edge and tell me if the extension still works as intended on those browsers, or if you get the same behavior in Brave?

Hi,

The Avast extension installed is

Avast Passwords 2.0.4569

I also run the same Avast extension on Chrome without any problem.

Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Avast Passwords 2.0.4569

@NTGroup,
Thank you for confirming. I’ve logged the following issue to capture data on this – we have other users reporting similar behavior for other extensions:

Just to corroborate and get subscribed to this thread … I’m having the same issue, same message.

Following… same issue, same message

It’s working now for me … if somebody fixed it, thanks.

Since update from 1.21.73 to 1.21.74 it works fine

Working for me already on 1.21.74.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.