Autoupdate (recent version of Brave) breaks UPC TV streaming

This is a VERY unfortunate one!
I love Brave, but recently I started to change my mind.

UPC TV Streaming in the Browser was working for me for years. But one of the recent updates broke it. Even if NOT in Incognito mode, when trying to watch TV on www.upctv.ch I reports that streaming is not possible. See attached Screenshot (in german)

First I thought, that UPC did change something, but by accident I realised on another computer, where I have an older Version of Brave (1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135) that I can still watch TV as usual.
However, on the other computer running the current version of Brave (1.24.82 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93), there I get the above Error and Streaming is not possible.

This is very disappointing, especially since there is no incognito mode on. I copied the old Version of Brave to the computer where the new one was. TV streaming worked again on first launch, but then it was autoupdated, and after relaunch (it showed again v1.24.82), again TV Streaming was not possible anymore and the UPC website reported that I was in incognito mode, though this clearly is/was not the case.

Please fix this. Would be very disappointing to leave Brave behind again, just because it does not work as it should. (PS other Browsers like Chrome & FF, do work as expected.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.