Auto translation

Although there is supposedly an auto translation feature, the only thing it has done is to add an extension that I have to click to translate the web page. It is obvious I believe that it should work like the Chrome browser that it asks me once and then it automatically translate any page to English ( or any other language you choose). Can you please fix that?
Thank you

5 Likes

Same here, this is exactly what I’m experiencing with Brave V1.5.115

1 Like

Yes, Please!!!
The google translate extension is not nice at all compared to the integrated translate features of Chrome. It’s the main reason that I keep going back to Chrome when ever I try to move to a new browser.

7 Likes

We really need this feature. That’s the only reason now I still go back to edge to translate a page. I live in a foreign country, and I often have to visit a different language website, it has now become a part of my life.

Please Brave, team bring this auto translation function on Brave Desktop and Mobile.

3 Likes

I want this feature added, so I go back to google chrome. It should be simple to right click and translate to the language I want … Please add this feature, I love the brave browser <3

1 Like

Absolutely, I have the google translate Extension installed but its a pain in the A$$ to continually have to click on it and then click the translate page to do so…it should auto translate on any webpage without an extension.

1 Like

Please, Please, it is a must have… the built in auto translation in Chrome is so much better than using translation extension in Brave - just look how ugly this extension compared to the native solution chrome:

2 Likes

No update about this yet. Almost 1 year gone…

3 Likes

When right clicking an option for English translation could be a cool feature. Will come in handy when surfing on non-English speaking forums. This option already exist on Chrome

1 Like

Me parece increíble que a estas alturas aún no incorporan el autotraductor, no importa de qué traductor sea pero incorporen uno, si necesitan alguna referencia aquí os dejo una.
Releases · bbepis/XUnity.AutoTranslator

Es una pequeña herramienta que se utiliza para auto traducir juegos de unity usando distintos traductores, el código fuente está ahi, solo seria adaptarlo al código fuente de brave.

Korzystam z brave na telefonie i brakuje tego automatycznego tłumacza stron ponieważ uważam że jest to przydatna funkcja. Nie rozumiem czemu brave jeszcze tego nie zrobiła w swoich przeglądarkach, opera vpn ma nawet takiego tłumacza chodź tam jest manualny przycisk ale jest. Brave jest bardzo dobra przeglądarka ale za ten słownik ma u mnie duży minus.

Hi, I just joined you, I use language translation constantly due to my job, but the translation feature used in brave browser is very bad, I used to use yandex browser my old browser yandex browser had both a visual translation feature and an automatic translation feature available. i hope that the brave authorities will do their part, I think that their agreement with yandex translate will be very good

3 Likes

I strongly agree with this.

Had to update this thread, and hopefully they get around to it, so I can use it full time.

Edge also have auto translate with their translation software.

1 Like

I would prefer either Microsoft Translator (better than Google’s in my honest opinion), or their own, similiar to story of Brave Search.

Still no update on this necessary functionality.

Can you please simply add the option in context menu to translate this page to english.

This will be very helpful to everyone.

2 Likes

I know translation is an important feature for many people but maybe Brave Team doesn’t put it in their priority thing. Before I was using chrome for the translation function if I had to translate a certain page. The chrome extension of google translates sucks.

But the good news is, I found a plugin, and it works very smoothly in Brave. You can use it from here -https://github.com/FilipePS/Traduzir-paginas-web

But need to add it manually.

I don’t know anything about the issues and the different options. Just curious.

Has anyone enabled this flag in brave://flags?

I do not understand the differences between how the flag enabled works vs how an extension. Is there any difference? Related GitHub issues.

Enable chromium translation engine #18593
Enable internal translate engine #10453

These are some comments on why this issue is ongoing and within these posts options are suggested.

bsclifton commented on Feb 4, 2021 •

@crogonint issue was closed because we don’t have a way to offer the functionality at the moment. We did explore using Microsoft language APIs and @yrliou got it working- but there is still a significant cost associated with those. Recommending the extension which does translate doesn’t have any operating cost for us

On the API side, each call to Google/Microsoft/whoever is translating has a per-transaction cost. We can potentially open this issue again and mark it as blocked. We’d need help ID’ing a vendor which could help provide this and also not violate the user’s privacy (since pages and content will be sent to vendor)

bsclifton commented on Sep 16, 2021

Previously tracked with #208 - we closed that issue after running into licensing obstacles and choosing to integrate with the Google Translation extension as a work-around

2 Likes

Same with me, I have a poor command of English, and I only use Crome because I can right-click “translate to Finnish” …
This browser seems really valid, but I will use Crome as long as a similar compiler feature comes to this, or some other browser.
This browser effectively blocks ads and followers … But the automatic translator itself is really important …

1 Like

And Danish too. Swedish and Norwegian always gets first pick. I hope not here.