Annoying graphic bug between the tabs (default brave theme only)

Hello guys. I’m having a very annoying graphical problem, since the last update of brave made yesterday (Brave stable, Version 1.69.153 - Chromium: 128.0.6613.85) There are white lines between one tab and another, as in the photo i attached. I’m using the default dark theme of brave, with other themes downloaded from the Chrome web store this bug disappears, too bad they are of questionable aesthetic taste. Does anyone knows if i can solve it, and how, or do i have to wait for a bug fix with future updates? (I have already tried reinstalling the browser, restarting the PC)
Thanks a lot for your support

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is a graphics bug, it looks more like a new feature, but I can say I really don’t like it. It looks even worse when you open a group of 20 tabs.

I’m hoping this can be remedied with something in brave://flags/ ??? I checked there but only found “Updated horizontal tabs design”. Changing it did not fix the issue.

2 Likes

I want a way to turn this off too if its an intended feature, its very distracting and not at all helpful for me. If its a bug I hope it gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

A fix will be out next week.

6 Likes

I hope so guys, it is very annoying

1 Like

I have seen that, but I have dark theme on.

Same issue here. May I ask why we seem to have frequent issues with tab styling?

I am colorblind, and I absolutely need to have something like this in place to differentiate between tabs. If it’s removed, I would have severe difficulty telling where one tab begins and another ends.

Developers, please don’t remove my ability to differentiate between tabs.

It should be at least disabled by default. It’s very distracting for the majority of people. I hope they keep it for you theedgeofoblivious to enable it if you need it.
It is fixed in latest nightly, I haven’t checked if it is still available as an option though.

I’d love for that to be a feature. I enjoy the dark theme, but there’s no visual distinction between tabs. Be nice to have one.

This is exactly why it should be an option under brave://flags/

1 Like

I noticed the fix today. It’s a darker gray than it was last week. For me, it looks good, but I’m curious how theedgeofobvious feels about it.