Allowing one site (only!) to use cross-site cookies

Greetings,
Brave newbie here. I have an extension that allows me to forward a Gmail mail to my project management site (clickup.com) I believe this is a cross-site cookie. For the most part, I don’t want to allow cross-site cookies, but I would like to allow ClickUp to do so. Is there a way to just grant [*.]clickup.com the right to set cross-site cookies anywhere? Or, do I have to do it on every page that it needs permission?
In the case of email, does that mean each message would need to have the setting applied?

In other words, can I allow site X to set any number and kind of cookies anywhere? Or, do I have to give site X such permission page by page?

Or, is it possible to give the extension that permission?
I thought this setting would do what I wanted, but it doesn’t – the extension still gets blocked.
Does that setting meaning that any site can put cross-site cookies on ClickUp??

Brave Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro v. 19041.572

Many thanks for any and all help!
kmk

Hello @kmkelmor

when you visit the required site click on the shield icon (the lion icon next to the address bar) then change the setting for this site to allow all cookies
make sure the are in the advanced view to see those options

those setting will be only for that site as long as you did not clear this sections
brave://settings/clearBrowserData on the advanced section site and shield settings

hope that help and have a nice day

2 Likes

@kmkelmor,
What @justsomeone1 says is accurate – see our Help Center for more information on managing sites w/Shields:

Additionally, you may need to ensure that you have the Allow Google login for extensions option Enabled in Settings --> Extensions for the particular extension to work. I personally would test one of these at a time: first, visit the clickup site, allow all cookies, then see if the extension works as intended. If it does not, then try enabling the option in Extensions.

2 Likes

Okay, looks like I’m not going to be able to do what I wanted.

I was hoping to say - Site X (clickup) can set any cookie, including cross-site cookies, on any site anywhere (which includes gmail).

Instead I have to say - Site 1 (gmail) has to allow all cookies, including cross-site cookies, from any site anywhere.

That to me seems a lot less secure. Instead of trusting one entity on any page, I have to trust every entity on my gmail page.

Do I have that right?

Thanks again for your help!

Kim

just to make sure i got you

you want a certain site to set the cookies despite you are access this site directly or being part of other service/site (as third party in this case) am i right

is that possible @Mattches

and have a nice day both of you

Yep, that’s right. One site has all the cookie powers. All other sites just let that single one site have all cookie powers.

(lol, cookie powers)
kmk

lool
thanks for confirming

just a question is that option available in any other browser or is there extension for that

and hope Mattches come back with good news for you or at least it could be a feature request

and have a nice day with the cookies powers :wink:

@kmkelmor,
So you can do this by going to gmail – you should be able to set it to block cross-site cookies – then once the page loads:

1. Click the Lock icon in the address bar
  2. Then Cookies
  3. Find the relevant clickup cookie(s) (likely in the Blocked section)
  4. Click Allow

Make sure you refresh the page after changing these settings. Doing this should allow you to block other site cookies on gmail the way you want but always allow clickup cookies on the site.

1 Like

I’ll have to try again from the ground up, but I haven’t been able to get this to work. I’m sure it’s something with the way I’m setting it up. I’ll let everybody know if I get it to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.