Description of the issue: Some ads are not blocked on YouTube
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open YouTube (m.youtube.com)
- Watch a video fullscreen
- Sometimes, when exiting fullscreen, an ad will display (in a distorted fashion), below the video
Expected result: No ads would be present
Brave Version( check
About Brave): Version 1.44 (220.127.116.11)
Mobile Device details iPhone 13, iOS 16.1
An image of the issue is attached. Please note that the grey rectangle has been added by me.
Thank you for reaching out.
I’m unable to reproduce this on my iPad but I’m wondering if it’s specific to the iPhone, even if that does seem unlikely. I’ve reached out to the iOS team to see if anyone there can reproduce (I do not have an iPhone to test with).
Thank you @Mattches, hopefully someone from the team is able to test this. To prove it isn’t a single event, I’ve attached another example image. Have a good day.
Another example of this occurring.
@crabs I tested on my iPhone and don’t have the same issue.
For filters, do the following:
Brave Shields & Privacy >
and then enable:
Fanboy Annoyances List
uBlock Annoyances List (used with Fanboy Annoyances List)
While you’re in your Shields settings, you may want to make sure it looks something like:
The reason why I don’t have
Block All Cookies enabled is I want it to remember sign-ins. For some reason, iOS doesn’t come with the option to “block cross-site cookies” like others do. I think they said it kind of happens by default on iPhone, but I will have to reach out again to ask.
In any case, that should resolve any issue you have of ads on YouTube.
Hey @Saoiray, everything looked just like you said — however, I still would like to mention that this behavior does not happen every time I use YouTube; just sometimes.
- Yes, shields are enabled for https://m.youtube.com
- Block Cross-Site Trackers [ON], Block Phishing [ON], Block Scripts [OFF], Block Fingerprinting [ON]
- As mentioned above, I had the following filter lists enabled:
• Easylist-Cookie List - Filter Obtrusive Cookie Notices
• Fanboy Social List
• Fanboy Annoyances List
• Fanboy’s Mobile Notifications List
• Block Annoyances List (used with Fanboy Annoyances List)
Thanks for the reply.
Interesting. @fanboynz would you have any thoughts/suggestions on this?
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.