Ads coming but ads counter not working/counting brave desktop browser

Now my Android Brave browser has stopped counting BAT as well, in spite of receiving over 10+ ads since 1st October…

Brave 1.14.86, Chromium 85.0.4183.127, Android 9, SM-950F.

Hello @tmancey,

Sorry for late reply!

The issue has been solved for me after I updated the browser and I had to manually update the browser because the auto update won’t work idk why!

If I face this issue again then I’ll mail you directly, thanks.

Hi, sorry. What update solved the problem for you?

Hello, Tmancey, I have the same problem as many and I am willing to share a screen. What should I do?

Exact same thing, I’m also facing this problem since Oct 1st, ads coming but not counting & BATs not increasing. (Android)
I have sent you a dm @Mattches, please try & solve this problem little quickly.
Thanks.

1 Like

I’m also facing this problem since Oct 1st

Thank you for the help in identifying the cause of this issue. We are working on a fix as a priority and will update this thread once resolved. Terry

3 Likes

Should we wait for a next browser update? I appreciate that you are informing us and that this problem is resolved soon

@Ciro1I As soon as we have a fix which has been tested by quality assurance we will be able to provide a timeline. However rest assured this is a high priority. Thank you

5 Likes

What about the unpaid Ads that we are getting ?
Will we get BATs for the ads that dint give us rewards once this is fixed ?
Lossing a lots of BATs & time to fix it is :man_shrugging:t2:.

Have a look into this topic @Steven_Smith

1 Like

@Rotblut The big question is that. Are people going to get paid for all the unpaid ads they have seen once it is fixed.

4 Likes

Most likely not going to get paid for the ads viewed while the system was broken. But that really is a secondary benefit, getting paid to look at advertising is a bonus on top of the security and privacy being offered. Even though I did purchase a Trezor and signed up to EToro from the ads. I bought a bunch of BAT thru Coinbase, so this ad thing is some extra coins for when BAT hits $100.00 per token. :sunglasses:

I was last month. First it was not seen but then suddenly appeared and on the 4th i got my payment.

1 Like

Hello, first I was only facing the same issue on my Android phone 7.0 with Brave version: 1.14.86, Chromium 85.0.4183.127. But now, I don’t get anymore ads… (I already sent a private message for @Mattches)

Second, I started to face the same issue on my Linux machine which is: Ubuntu 20.04. I’m receiving ads but doesn’t count anymore from yesterday in the evening. I’m using: Brave x64 Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121.

On the other hand, on my Windows machine everything works perfectly for now.

EDIT: Brave seems to be fixed now on my Ubuntu (by itself).

@Rotblut Let’s hope for that ‘suddenly appeared’’ moment then.

Got the same issue since 2 weeks on 2 Computers Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (32-bit). Windows 7. Im myself a developer and im courious if this was an serverside problem or a wrong use of brave ?

Is there any update about the problem.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue: I get ads and the counter works but not receiving BAT

1 Like

I only get 0.01Bat per ads. So which country has a higher advertising price?

1 Like