Ads and pop ups on android

I’m currently on Brave Browser version 1.4.1 and kept it up to date for the past couple months ever since I downloaded the app. The app works amazingly well, but in the past couple of days and even moreso today I’ve noticed that more pop ups and ads are getting past the ad block. The only individual controls I have disabled are “Block Scripts” and “Fingerprinting Protection.” Blocking scripts sometimes makes the pages I want to see impossible to view so I usually keep it disabled.

@Darkrai203,
Thanks for reaching out!
Can you provide some example website where you see Ads bypass Shields so that I can test on my end?

2 Likes

@Mattches
This website is one https://www16.kickassanime.io/anime/mugen-no-juunin-immortal-854168/episode-03-860333

Specifically when you click on the video a pop up appears. Before the latest update I don’t think I ever got popups and even if I did they were few and far between. Now its like every time I try to click play it gives a pop up.

2 Likes

@Darkrai203,
So I was able to visit the site and click on/launch the video without seeing any pop-ups so far. Does the pop-up appear very time you try to stream video content on the site?

2 Likes

@Mattches
The pop up does appear every time I click play on the video. Even just now I clicked that same link to check again and got a pop up. This pop up came up to be exact.

As you can see in the picture I have the same website I linked earlier.

1 Like

@Darkrai203,
Apologies – I messed up and forgot this was for the Android browser and not Desktop! One moment while I retest on my end using the right platform :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, made a commit to mostly fix this, note they may change the host url. Which will need to be updated.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick responses :smiley:

1 Like

Hello my friend, sorry for any disturbance, but me too, I see ads lately in some sites…

In this screenshot I was looking at a supplement site, and I saw many Google ads on it… Is the adblocker not working anymore for a type of ads ? Or is it a bug?

1 Like

Okay, i’ll take a look at @theodoreippon webmd is having issues atm.

2 Likes

Ok my friend, thank you very much!!! :pray:t2:
I appreciate it :heart:

I’ve reported this before.
I’ve been having MAJOR problems with ads and scripts on all www.pch.com sites for MONTHS.
Dozens of ads get through, and video ads slow down page loads to a crawl.

I’ve tried later Brave Android updates, but anything later than 1.1.2 breaks the sites completely, won’t even render many of the pages correctly.
I don’t know why Brave dev’s won’t address this major issue.
I’d like to use Brave, but Firefox works much better with Ad Block Plus and NoScript.

1 Like

Both pch.com and webmd.com use instart ads, which will generate randomly urls. and attempting to block these will render the page broken. I’ve removed from Easylist, it will show ads, but atleast the page should be displayed.

2 Likes

Is there going to be a more permanent solution to the popups when clicking on videos on https://www16.kickassanime.io/ or is it only possible to get a temporary solution? As far as I’m aware the popups only really started getting bad after version 1.4.1 of Brave and after the commit the ads changed the next day and are popping up just as frequently.

I am having the same issue with:

www.reddit.com
www.cracked.com

It seems like the Shields feature of the mobile browser just stops functioning, as Ads and Trackers and HTTPS Upgrades never ticks ups on any site I visit. I’ve toggled it off and back on and force-closed and re-opened the app.

Short of clearing cookies/cache for the whole browser(I have cleared them on individual websites) I’m not sure what the next step is.

I don’t think its the same issue, reddit.com and cracked seems fine here? What exactly is broken? which platform are you using?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.