Ads and long delays on [www.pch.com/sweepstakes](http://www.pch.com/sweepstakes)

Description of the issue:
This started back in February, and has persisted through several updates. Ads and long delays on www.pch.com/sweepstakes

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Sign into your PCH.com account and play any pch.com/sweepstakes game.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Ads appear on page, and very long delays as videos which used to be quickly skipped, now have to run their full length before continuing to load the game. Also happens at the end of each game.
Sometimes the video actually plays. Drastically slows game play, and increases bandwidth and data consumption. Extremely frustrating.

Expected result:
Game play should proceed without delays, and without ads or videos appearing.

Reproduces how often:
Started 2/23/19

Brave Version(about:brave):
1.0.77 Chromium 71.0.3578.99
Now on 1.1.0, Chromium 75.0.3770.101 and errors persist.

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy S8+

Android/iOS Version
8.0.0;SM-G955U1 Build/R16NW.G955U1UES5CSB2

Additional Information:
I rarely use Brave anymore, but would like to return as it used to work so much better than the others.
Also, your script blocker is useless, as it prevents almost every page from loading.
You need to change your script blocker to allow the user to select which individual scripts need to run for each site and page, while blocking all others.
For an example of a script blocker that works, try out NoScript in Firefox.
Even better, it would be great if your script blocker automatically determined which scripts are necessary to run, while blocking all others. Scripts are the major thing slowing page loads and using excess data.
Thanks.

pch.com is known problematic site in the Adblock community. No fixes just yet, but when we land more comprehensive adblock/ubo fixes in the coming months it should help improve pch.com.

Thanks for the response.
It can’t happen too soon.
I think the most gains to be made are in a script blocker that can be easily customized to block unneeded scripts.
I use Firefox with NoScript on Windows PC, and after a few days of configuring NoScript, I get very few ads on PCH, and though some pages still have delays, it speeds up many page loads drastically.
I also have it on my phone, but unfortunately, Firefox for Android has several problems which inhibit its usefulness.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.