Accessibility / usability issue: require more deadspace to move a tab to be the last vertical tab

When pulling a tab down to the bottom of the vertical tab strip, Brave moves the dragged tab to a new window if I pull the tab down to about the height of half of the plus sign in the button for new tabs during the drag movement, which is too high and causes unintended new windows to be created by accident.

This happens a lot to me even though I have no hand coordination issues, but this must be awful for people with hand coordination issues, so this is an important accessibility and usability issue that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

This issue could be easily fixed by simply requiring more deadspace during the drag movement before triggering the creation of a new window with the moved tab.

I suggest the deadspace to go below the button that contains the plus sign and adds new tabs, because that is an obvious visual indicator. Maybe add even an option in the accessibility settings to double or triple the deadspace for people with hand coordination issues.

Thank you very much in advance!

Thank you for reaching out.
Please note that the vertical tabs feature is still experimental and is being worked on and adjusted daily. The version you are seeing in the Nightly builds is not the finalized product.

Thank you for reporting this behavior — I will ensure that the devs are made aware of these issues if they are not already.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am not using the nightly build by the way. I am using “Version 1.47.186 Chromium: 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)” where I enabled vertical tabs in the flags.

Yes that’s my mistake for assuming — but the rest of my comment remains the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.