Every time I reopen Brave all of my accounts are logged out, which is a real pain in the you know what I mean. I’ve seen this issue approximately a thousand and three times on here, so it’s really peculiar that it hasnt been resolved yet.
The only thing I see among the “solutions” is going on brave://settings/privacy and uncheck all settings “on exit”. Well, this is what I did, I even rechecked everything, saved, closed, reopened, unchecked, saved, closed, reopened, and all options give out the same outcome.
This is a rather annoying issue, that never gets a solution in all of the threads I’ve seen, so if there is no solution to it, I’m sorry but I’ll have to go I’m sorry
@Mattches could you assist please ? Thanks so much!
I understand how frustrating and inconvenient this can be. Fear not, I have some effective workarounds and fixes that might just solve this persistent issue. Please follow the steps below:
- Check ‘Privacy & Security’ Settings:
- Go to the Brave browser menu (three horizontal lines or dots) at the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings and navigate to the Privacy & security section.
- Ensure that all the checkboxes in the Clear browsing data on exit subsection are unchecked.
- This ensures that your browsing data, including login information, is retained even after closing the browser.
- Verify ‘Cookie & Other Site Data’ Settings:
- In the same Privacy & security section, click on Cookies and other site data.
- Make sure that the option Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows is unchecked.
- Create a New User Profile:
- If the above steps didn’t resolve the issue, it’s worth creating a new user profile to determine if the problem is specific to your current profile.
- Go to the Brave browser menu (three horizontal lines or dots) at the top-right corner, click on Profiles logo, and create new profiles from the left sidebar.
- Set up the new profile and log in to your accounts within this new profile.
- Restart the Brave browser and observe if the issue persists within the new profile.
I hope that by following these steps, you’ll be able to overcome the frustrating logouts issue in Brave browser. If you’re still experiencing the problem after trying the above fixes, don’t hesitate to reach out to official dedicated support team for further assistance. I’m just a regular user here who trying to help
@SwiftyPop is asking good questions here.
For me, I’m curious exactly how the behavior occurs. Is the situation such that if you login to a site, close the browser, then re-open it right away are you logged out of it the site? Or does this occur after you’ve left the browser alone (closed) for a while?
- What sites are affected by this issue? Every single site or just some sites?
- Are your credentials being removed from the browser or you’re simply logged out?
- Do you have
Auto Sign-in enabled in
Settings --> Autofill —> Passwords?
- Do you have any extensions installed at this time?
- What are you Shields settings set to for the site(s) where you’re encountering this issue?
It seems like your second option was the right one, I will check during he week if it persists.
Thank you for the clear and precise answer!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.