Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.
Description of the issue:
When I open a youtube link on brave it didn’t open in the youtube app, is opened in brave directly. This not working in my new Pixel 4, it works in other mobile phones.
All configs are in place in all mobile phones I’ve tested:
- Play video in background: Disabled
- Website configs -> play video in Brave: Disabled
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open Brave and search for videos in google or any search engine
- Click on a youtube video
- The video is opened inside Brave app instead of Youtube
I expected that the video is opened in Youtube app. If I open that kind of links with chrome in the same mobile youtube app is opened.
Brave Version( check
Mobile Device details
Pixel 4A, Android 11
Same config in other Android phones works as expected.
- Xiaomi S9, Android 11, Brave 1.15.76, Youtube App 15.42.36: OK
- Oneplus 5T, Android 10, Brave 1.15.76, Youtube App 15.41.35: OK
- Pixel 4A, Android 11, Brave 1.15.76, Youtube App 15.42.36: ERROR