Continuing the discussion from Wrong location in linux (cont 2):
Description of the issue:
Brave shows wrong location in Linux desktop.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open google.com/maps
- Click on the show current location button (blue one over zoom buttons)
- It shows a location far from mine
Show current location
Brave Version( check
Versión 1.60.125 Chromium: 119.0.6045.199 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
- Not on VPN
- Allowed access to location for google.com
- Already tried removing cookies and cache data, and it didn’t fix it
- It works on Google Chrome and Firefox browsers and in Gnome Maps application, so not an ISP problem
- The same occurs in a private window.
I’ve seen lots of posts about this, in one someone said clearing the cache solved for him, but it didn’t do a thing in my case, all of those seem to be dismissed. And I can comment on them.
This problem has been present since I started using brave, I’ve seen lots of similar posts, always the same suggestions from the staf and it never helps. It seems to be a bug in brave, otherwise please tell me what was I doing wrong, considering that I already tried all variants suggested, and all of that is in this description
Update: it happens the same in the snap version, without any customization, and the location detected is the same as the deb distributed version.
Please check the linked topic to see what I already was asked to verify, but of all tests I was asked to perform there was not nothing fundamentally different between brave and other browsers.