Where is stay on current tab when clicking on search result?

the new version of Brave seems to have deleted this function. Many people such as myself, like to use the mouse button to navigate forwards and backwards between web pages, and can only do so when the links we click on stay on the same tab. Where did that function go? It seems like whenever there is an update, something essential gets deleted. Please fix!

@TyFawkes,
Not entirely clear on the behavior you’re describing. If I understand correctly, you’re saying that when you click on a link in search results, the browser opens the results in another tab?

If that is the case, then there must be something happening with respect to your profile or setup as we have not made any changes to this. The default behavior when opening a link is to do so in the same tab the link is clicked on, unless the site in which the link is clicked on specifically codes it to do so. Alternatively, you can hold Ctrl (or Cmd on macOS) to open a link in a new tab.

Here is what it looks like on my end when I click a link in a search result:

1 Like

Hey Mattches,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. So when I click on a search result it actually opens it in a new tab. So maybe I have another application that is forcing that; however, isn’t there a settings in Brave that allows you to toggle whether you want to open in a new tab or same tab? Where is that?

Not sure what happened, but it’s working now.

It looks like the culprit was Startpage search, as it has ‘open in a new tab’ as default. Since I’ve disabled it, Brave opens browser links in the same tab, as expected.

1 Like