When shields are down Facebook and Twitter cookies are tracking me to everwhere!

When shields are down I see that Facebook and Twitter cookies are tracking me to every website I visit. Also a bunch of other cookies I don’t recognize such as adsrvr.org, bat.bing.com, and so on. Should I just block all the cookies I don’t recognize? Using the icon left of the URL? Sometimes there are 80 or over 100 cookies when you visit a website with the shields down. How do I know when they are important?

This issue be reproduced/seen by the icon to the left of the URL under cookies.

Windows 10 and latest Brave Browser.

Please supply a screenshot of: “the icon to the left of the URL under cookies”

Thanks.

Websites which are verified with Brave, immediately after they complete to download; at the top right corner of them, you shall see a blue dot circle within it, it has a white good mark,

That’s because Brave Shields’ cookies settings affect Brave’s cookies settings. You can easily check that doing the following:

1. Type brave://settings/shields in the address bar.
  2. Change Cookie blocking to All or Disabled.

After you have set Cookie blocking to All or Disabled do the following:

1. Type brave://settings/cookies in the address bar.
  2. Check how Brave’s cookies settings will be either Allow all cookies or Block all cookies (not recommended).

Long story short: when you disable Brave Shields, you tell websites that they are allowed to send you all of their cookies, along with all third-party cookies.

I made Brave developers aware of this behavior in the Github report below, but can’t tell you whether anything will change anytime soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.