Wallet won't verify with Uphold

Description of the issue:

Trying to verify wallet throws “Error: You need a verified wallet to log in”

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

• Uphold support tells me my account is verified.
  • I have 15.75 BAT
1 Like

Hi and welcome. Are you still having problems or has your issue been resolved?

If you haven’t already, you might try updating your browser and trying again. The most recent version is 1.35.103. There were some issues with Uphold verifications in the past month or so but I think most have been resolved. You can do a search of the forums to pull them up.

@Chocoholic . I was still unable to unlink my Uphold wallet and I have added my necessary details with the wallet unlinking request I’m still facing the same issue and i was unable to link my uphold wallet to my mobile. Please advise

Oh, you have reached the maximum device limit. That was missing from your original post and that makes a difference. :smiley: You indicated you already submitted a wallet unlinking request. It can take several weeks for that to go through. If you are still getting the same message, you can direct message (DM) one of the moderators and ask for an update. They may or may not answer.

What mobile device do you have? If it is iOS, Brave Rewards are not supported because of Apple policies:

If you have a slot open and are using an Android device, make sure you are updated to the latest version of Brave and try these other actions that have solved previous errors:

If none of that works, you can send a direct message to the moderators and include the following information for your device:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in `Settings → Brave Rewards

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

How to DM a moderator:

1. Click on their icon and select the Message button in the top right corner or
  2. You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.

I’ve since updated to 1.35.103 but I am still having the same issue unfortunately.

1. Do you have a slot open? In other words, did your unlinking request complete?
  2. What device are you are using?
  3. If you are on an Android device, have you checked on your Uphold account that it is actually verified?

Ugh, I just realized I answered @Mujjabs thinking it was @cellomar - sheesh.

So, @cellomar

1. What is your OS/device?
  2. Have you checked your account on Uphold and confirmed it is verified (even though support said it was, check and confirm)?

The template for Rewards Support is below, depending on what device you are using you may have to provide additional information.

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using ( Menu --> About Brave )?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

The device is Android and I’m currently using Real me 7 and I’m currently using the updated version of the brave browser.

Thanks for taking the time to help, support said it was verified but I’m not so sure it is. How can I confirm this?

First three lines from brave://version:

|Brave|1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
|Revision|273bf7ac8c909cde36982d27f66f3c70846a3718-refs/branch-heads/4758@{#1151}
|OS|Linux|

Wallet status: Not connected

@cellomar

In your profile on Uphold, it should indicate on the same page where you find your Uphold id if you are verified and show the date you were verified.

So, log into your account at Uphold and check if you are verified. If you are not verified, just follow instructions provided by Uphold to complete your verification process. If you are verified, then just DM a moderator and provide the information requested as posted above:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in `Settings → Brave Rewards

For future reference, you shouldn’t post your ids/logs in the general forum for privacy purposes. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Mujjabs You are just going to have to wait until you get a slot unlinked. You may still run into problems afterwards but can’t proceed until you get a slot open to link your device. Make sure your device passes the SafetyNet check. If it doesn’t, you will not be able to verify it to a custodial account.

edit: I must be tired. Keep making mistakes, sorry. Updated within text.

1 Like

I went through the KYC process weeks ago and they’ve told me I’m verified although there was some confusion on their end. One agent told me I wasn’t verified while another said that was a mistake. Anyways, I’m reaching out to them again and providing them with the info you suggested.

I’ll update here after speaking with Uphold support.

1 Like

You should be able to check yourself by signing into your Uphold account (from a web page, not by trying through Brave Rewards).

Would you please let me know what you find out? Thank-you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks choco, I’ve actually checked a few times, in all corners of the site. When I’m logged into Uphold I don’t see anything stating my account is, or isn’t, verified.

What I do know is that I went through the KYC process, and that uphold support tells me my account is verified.

Uphold support doesn’t offer much help though, they just tell me my accounts ok, to post in the community and to check out the FAQ.

This would be in your Profile. When you go to Uphold and Log In, try to go to https://wallet.uphold.com/dashboard/settings/profile (if not signed in first, it will redirect you)

There you’ll see where it shows your name, date of birth, etc. It also has your Uphold ID and, directly underneath that, is Verification which will show if you’ve been verified.

For me, it says Verification

Verified on 06/24/2020

So you’ll check there and see if it does indeed show you as Verified.

Btw, just saw someone else who had a similar issue. Can't verify and authorize the wallet, can't connect Brave to Uphold

Seems for them, they didn’t have their whole address and all in. Once they had that done, then it was able to verify and connect.

Now, I will say that BAT may reduce to 0 as it gets set aside to transfer over for payment. Sometimes it goes through instantly and other times, it goes to the following month’s payment. Just be prepared to see it drop to 0 and then to wait. If you get worried and/or it doesn’t show up by the end of the month, then we’d get you in touch with Steeven or Mattches so they can find it and get you paid.

This was actually my issue as well.

I noticed weeks ago that there was no “Verified on…” in my profile. Mentioned it to Uphold but they insisted my account was verified. I didn’t notice myself and I didn’t see your post until just now, but support from the ticket I most recently opened noticed that my address was missing from my profile.

I filled out my address and I was able to successfully verify my desktop browser wallet just now!

Unfortunately I’m still having errors verifying my mobile browser’s wallet. I’m going to try reinstalling the app but if that doesn’t work I may have to make a separate thread.

1 Like

Glad desktop verified. And reinstalling the app appears to work for some people. As posted above:

Good luck!

P.S. What mobile device are you using? If iOS you are not going to be able to verify as it is not supported due to Apple policies per link posted above.

Thanks choco! I uninstalled the app completely and verified using Uphold’s mobile site as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.