Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not currently supported for Brave Rewards verification

The issue is that it was working some days ago even!

Now, it is showing region error, how can it be? Also, I’m using Uphold.

i am from India i am facing the same problem.

3 Likes

Some users already connected to their verified wallets when support stopped would remain connected and may have received payouts during that time. However, if you were disconnected for any reason, then you would not be able to reconnect.

If your region is no longer supported, you should probably just disconnect and return your wallet to an unverified state. Repeated attempts to verify may get your account flagged and you will stop receiving ads and/or earnings. Just keep checking the custodial providers’ supported countries page, notices within the community, and the Brave Help Center topic linked below for updates.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hopefully, Brave and all the custodial providers will be able to work through the issues preventing countries from being supported at this time whether it be fraud issues, governmental regulations, or whatever. Hopefully it will be soon!

1 Like

Same problem. Gemini is available in the area I’m living in.

In April of 2021 I was verified and connected to Gemini wallet, now in 2022 May Brave has randomly disconnected me (and banned my region without any notice) and the message I see while trying to log in is this:

Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.

There’s a difference though. Gemini is allowing for your area BUT they have prevented Brave from being connected to them. Brave isn’t wanting to divulge the specifics, but basically somewhere along the line someone messed up on compliance and they are having to get it resolve. Until then, they are limited on which countries Gemini is allowing Brave to connect with.

That is what they were referencing at NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

Yes, the notice (NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini) was posted May 10. Up until May, you were able to connect to Gemini. The only notice you would have received would have been the one posted by support staff in Brave Community. Since that time, Brave Help has also created a Help Center topic (linked above but posting again Supported regions for verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial wallet provider ). You can use those two links to track the status of Brave-Gemini supported countries.

So, basically, your country could be (not saying that is the case) supported by both Brave and Gemini, but you would still not be able to connect. Brave-Gemini verification is unavailable except for the countries listed in the notice. Your Rewards in Brave will become unverified if you are eligible to receive ads/earnings.

1 Like

same bro my 5bats automatically transferred to uphold wallet, then uphold logged out of brave rewards, i just noticed,
i hope those 5bats are withdrawable.
you got any solution on how indians can withdraw their bats now?

1 Like

I am getting the same message , I am from INDIA .

2 Likes

same here, im facing the same issue

I have the same problem. Im from Poland

1 Like

Facing same issue. On Gemini itself received rewards till last month.

Thanks @Chocoholic, I am from India, as per the link shared above for supported regions uphold still supports India as a region. But there seems to a temporary issue which will be fixed soon.

1. India (temporarily unavailable as of June 6, 2022 — we are working to restore support for India soon)

@ravikumar You might be interested in reading the Weekly Bat Discussion thread posted below. Lots of Interesting information and it isn’t very long. Best kind! lol

Quoted a section after the link that specifically applied to India. Don’t hold your breath as time estimates can be way off but this is the first time I’ve seen an actual time goal posted by a Brave employee. Keep the “depends on several factors” in mind and don’t harp if the estimate is not met! :smiley:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/vfya5l/weekly_bat_discussion_thread/

Aakarsh_K
Has uphold, too, stopped supporting India? Just got ‘Error: Region not supported’ for verifying with uphold. :frowning:

Atleast one custodian wallet should support. When will it get resolved? Any ETA?

Reply bat-chriscat - BAT Team | Product Manager (Rewards)

Yes, it’s temporarily disabled. We are working on bringing back support. Hopefully within next 2 months, but depends on several factors.

You might also want to review the topic linked below. It was where I ran across the link.
Region not supported error GEMINI - #61 by Aman_M

Is gemini available in India?

Gemini is available for Indians but you cannot use it for Brave rewards.

I can’t verify my laptop browser’s reward to uphold and I am verified on my mobile using same.

Again, if you’re from India you can no longer connect. It may show you connected to prior devices but once it logs out, which it is destined to do, you’ll no longer be able to link it to Uphold. Please read links that people have provided in posts.

@iamop Noticed your post/comment. Not sure why you deleted it, but that’s fine too. Just so you know, they are trying to find ways to make it happen. The official response from Brave when I talked to their executives not too long ago is quoted below:

We’ve moved fast in trying to get BAT to everyone and make ourselves available in as many regions as possible. Unfortunately each government has different restrictions and we’ve encountered some pushback from that in different countries. For example, each country has different requirements for KYC/AML among other things that weren’t being met by current standards, so those regions had to be put on hold while this gets resolved.

We really want India and other countries to be able to be Verified and are working behind the scenes to do everything we need. We hope to get this resolved ASAP but there’s no timeline.

They are losing out on money by this happening and they don’t want it to be like that. Unfortunately, there were issues that are being addressed. How long it will take before they can reopen or provide other options is unknown.

We do know that there’s another Exchange that Brave said is going to be added soon, which provides an option other than Uphold and Gemini. But they are working out the details so they can’t tell us when this will happen, if it will be available to all or specific regions, etc.

Philippines and Vietnam have had this issue over 6 months now. India just been one month. Let that kind of let you know it might be a while. All you can do is be patient.

1 Like

Same problem here :confused:
Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.
From Perú

I am from India.
And I am facing this problem . please give me any solution.facing this problem while I connect my uphold account.

1 Like