[Ubuntu] Brave starts on different monitor (dual monitor setup)

Description of the issue:

On Ubuntu 18.04 (ubuntu-budgie), with using tint2 as task panel, and using 2 monitors, I have the following issue. I open Brave Browser on monitor 1 via the tint2 panel in which I have a shortcut icon for Brave Browser and it opens up just fine. The issue is that sometimes Brave browser opens up on a different monitor than the one I started it from. So for example I open Brave on monitor 1, and it opens in monitor 2, or vice versa. This is pretty annoying as I have to drag the window back to the monitor I wanted it on in the first place.

This happens only for Brave, not other applications. (Untested with Google Chrome/Chromium)

How can this issue be reproduced?

While running a similar setup:

1. Open Brave browser through Tint2 panel on 1 of 2 monitors

Expected result:

It should start on the monitor I started it from.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Ubuntu Budgie 18.04
Tint2: I have Tint2 showing on both monitors. They contain the same shortcuts on both monitors, but only contain the tasks/windows of that specific monitor. So when I minimize something, it minimizes to the panel on that specific monitor only. Not sure if it matters, but I just wanted to mention it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.