"There was a problem processing your contribution"

I went to a verified site that I often visit, and added a “tip” since auto-contribute does not seem to be working. Two months in a row nothing has gone through, so I turned auto-contribute off. Instead I have been sending “tips” but none of them have gone through either.

This time there are two issues. First, I created a tip and got an error message stating “There was a problem processing your contribution” but with no information. After this, that same error message is showing up on all other sites that I visit.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
I was on my selected site (a Brave verified publisher) and chose “Send a tip.” The thank you message popped up. I noticed that the “Include in Auto-contribute” was selected even though I have turned off auto-contribute. I verified in the Brave rewards tab that auto-contribute is still turned off. The amount still shows as a tip in “Total Tips This Month” but I later got a message stating “There was a problem processing your contribution.” After I noticed the error message I also noticed that the Brave triangle on each page had the same message attached. And no, Youtube was not the page I initially had the problem on. I just screenshotted this so you could see what’s happening. Another similar issue was closed with no action taken. Two people had contributed to that issue.

Image5

Reproduces how often: Each time so far

Brave Version(about:brave): Newest download version

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): Yes

@Lauren Thanks for reporting. The two issues which you reported are already addressed, which will be included in upcoming releases. please check upcoming release, revert back if you face the same issue.

Thanks for reaching out!

This time there are two issues. First, I created a tip and got an error message stating “There was a problem processing your contribution” but with no information. After this, that same error message is showing up on all other sites that I visit. - This issue will be fixed in https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3052

chose “Send a tip.” The thank you message popped up. I noticed that the “Include in Auto-contribute” was selected even though I have turned off auto-contribute. This will fixed in https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3103

Thanks!

2 Likes

So what can I do in the meantime, if none of my “contributions” go through? Just ignore it until the next release? No contributions have gone through since December. What to do when my “grants” expire if the problem hasn’t been resolved yet?

@Asad Could you please assist user?

1 Like

Hi Lauren, we are always issuing new grants – you’ll definitely get more later, even if the current ones expire :slight_smile:

1 Like

friend good afternoon so I see donations never reach the verified publisher … only pay for referral because contributions are lost when the donation is sent to a verified editor disappear more we never see it … we need answer please

good friend late so I see donations never reach the verified publisher … only pay for referral because contributions are lost when the donation is sent to a verified editor disappear more we never see it … we need a reply please as soon as possible Thank you

@Asad @gsarvadnya The “Problem processing your contribution” isn’t considered an issue? Please address this.

I have the same problem. My website cryptowithacause.org - it shows it is a “Brave Verified Publisher” with a blue check mark. But noone can tip us - we have never received any tips that people tell us they are trying to send.

I checked out uphold account - which is also verified and there is a 0 balance! What do I have to do, and where, to accept tips and donations of BAT on our website that is already verified?

It definitely is a priority. We just recently pushed out a fix to the tipping system to make everything go a bit faster and smoother.

As far as where those tips have gone and what to do in the meantime, I’ll get back to you on that–can you zip an email to support+publishers@basicattentiontoken.org with more details about how many tips you expected etc. (as well as your publisher account login email). please keep in mind that Rewards is very much in beta and we’re still working out a lot of the kinks, so this stuff will come with the territory to some extent.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.