The account limits

I Re-installed windows/Linux on the same computer a few times and ended up reaching that limit. What about if I delete my custodial account …. Would it reset ? Anyone try before so I don’t waste my time ?

I believe delting the custodial account will do nothing, as they already have your information on file such as name, address passport etc. You can use this to reset 1 device at least for Uphold, Unable to re-verify wallet - #118 by Mattches . Do note that the wait times are very long due to the number of people requesting this service. In addition, this month brave was supposed to totally get rid of these lifetime limits once and for all. So I am not sure if that has been postponed or it will still be coming towards the end of the month.

1 Like

No, that wouldn’t reset it.

As HighPriestess42 mentioned, your options are to try to fill out a Wallet unlinking request form and hope they can get to it quick (though more than a month delay for most who have been doing it).

Otherwise, the removal of limits is almost here. It went into testing last week and they expected it to be in testing a couple weeks. This means if there’s no problems, it should be in place by the end of the month. You can track the status at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18572

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.