Description of the issue:
A couple of weeks ago, I loaded up maybe 80 articles in my Brave Browser on my Google Pixel 3 smartphone before boarding a very long plane flight. Each article was in its own Brave tab.
At some point in the flight, when I went to use my phone and read all those articles, I found to my horror that at least half of the tabs were not displaying the article. Instead, they were displaying an ERROR web page (see below).
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce it simply by loading some browser tabs and then, say, putting the phone in airplane mode.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I am fairly sure that this ERROR web page reported the error as being ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED.
I think that this link illustrates it: https://whatsabyte.com/windows/err_internet_disconnected
I expect Brave to be intelligent and not replace a web page with that ERROR page if networking is down.
I do not recall Firefox for Android behaving like this, so it must be possible to solve this bug.
Reproduces how often:
I have seen this issue happen twice with Brave as described above.
I was using whatever the latest official release of Brave for Android was 3 weeks ago, since I always update all my apps once a day.
I am on 1.0.77 right now.
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Not sure; yes, if 1.077 was the current live release 3 weeks ago.
I think that I put my phone in airplane mode when they told passengers to do that at the start of the flight. I also do not think that the ERROR web pages immediately appeared at that point, but I am not 100% sure of that now.