Google News page fails to load properly

Description of the issue:
The Google News page fails to load properly. There is “Something has gone wrong. Please reload the page. REFRESH.” (See the attached screen shot.) When you refresh the page, the same error message occurs.

Also, the page fails to load properly. The only section displayed is the “Headlines.” No other sections display. (Usually, other sections, i.e., "For you,” “The US,” “Business,” “Technology,” etc. display.)

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to news.google.com (on my mobile).

Expected result:
The Google News page loads properly.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Application version
Brave 1.25.71, Chromium 91.0.4472.88

Operating system
Android 9; Build/PQ2A.190205.003

Mobile Device details
HTC U11.

Additional Information:
The page displays properly in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and shows all the various sections of the Google News page.

I tried the following:

1. Clearing the cache.
  2. Restarting my mobile.
  3. Uninstalling Brave completely and reinstalling.

None of those things worked. This problem began yesterday out of the blue.

EDIT: The same problem now appears to be happening on the desktop version of the Brave browser also.
Version 1.25.72 Chromium: 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Very weird.

2 Likes

I could reproduce the issue on mobile, but clearing all browsing data fixed it for me.

Have you enabled additional filter lists at brave://adblock for some reason?
Does disabling Brave Shields fix the issue?

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t get a chance to try your suggestions, which I appreciate. I did just a simple refresh on the page and, amazingly, the page reappeared normally. Could it be some mistake in how the page was coded that affected only Brave browsers that Google fixed in 24 hours? Who knows?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.