Saved credit card information

Apologies if this has been discussed or if this isn’t in the right place, but I saved a credit card recently, and went into settings to edit the card information (I put the wrong expiry date). To my surprise, the credit card number is shown when editing the card, without asking for a password! I went over to the passwords and it correctly asks for the system password to reveal it. Why doesn’t the credit card information not also have this protection? Am I missing a setting somewhere…?

1 Like

Sent this to Steve Gibson of GRC Research. Good catch!
Steve:
I’ve been enjoying Brave Browser for a few months now. Although, I have a problem with the ability to “Name” my payment cards. So I searched out the Brave Feedback Forum to send them my suggestion. Upon searching the feed, I found this input from user cluskillz that was a bit shocking:

Apologies if this has been discussed or if this isn’t in the right place, but I saved a credit card recently, and went into settings to edit the card information (I put the wrong expiry date). To my surprise, the credit card number is shown when editing the card, without asking for a password! I went over to the passwords and it correctly asks for the system password to reveal it. Why doesn’t the credit card information not also have this protection? Am I missing a setting somewhere…?>>>

So, being I just had put in 3 new payment methods, the light went off and I thought “Huh, he’s right” No security or log in info are required to view or edit my saved payment info.
So being a good contributor, I went to “Like” cluskillz’s comment but then (punchline) in order to LIKE HIS COMMENT, I WAS REQUIRED TO PUT IN MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD!
I was already logged into the Browser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.