Rewards gone from my android

Hi, broke my screen last knew 3.77 coins on android phone, get it back today after being wiped, and my coins are back to zero
Will you be honoring this ?

Let’s be clear on something here. Nobody knows if you’re referring to something you earned in prior months or if you are referencing the estimated earnings (earnings so far).

If you’re speaking of anything you already received in payouts, then that will be in your custodial account. I’m not sure which country you’re in so that could be Uphold, ZebPay, or whatever. If that ever goes missing, that’s between you and the custodial account in terms of where it went and all.

If you’re referring to Earnings so far, then that is payments you haven’t received yet. Every device and profile is different from each other and Rewards does not sync across devices. So when you wiped your device, you created a new profile and it would start at 0. As to what you earned prior, there’s no guarantee you’ll get it but it likely will send you whatever you last earned when the payouts occur, which begin around the 8th of each month.

When resetting Rewards or wiping devices, you’re risking not having any pay from that entire month of earnings.

The earnings are so far this month, i didnt wipe the device the repair center did, would the reward so far just dissappear then , i would of thought they are still there as same phone and everything synced

It is a gamble. It erased from your device. The question is whether it had saved on Brave’s server how much was made. Assuming that it has, then you will receive the payments when they go out next month.

But if it had not sent out your balance and saved on their servers yet, which I don’t know how frequently that happens, then you would have lost everything from this month.

Of the two options I would lean to say that you will likely receive the payment when it goes out. I just want to tread carefully as I do not want to say it as if it’s a guarantee and then have you upset and/or thinking I lied to you if it did not arrive.

Nah. When you delete like that it clears out everything and is seen as a brand new device/profile. In a similar fashion, if you create a new browser profile on a desktop version of Brave, the Rewards will be different for each profile and don’t sync.

Similarly, having Brave, Brave Beta, and/or Brave Nightly on a device will be all different profiles with completely independent earnings.

The closest you get to them being synced is payouts arrive to the custodial account. So if they all are linked to Uphold, you’d see the same balance on all in regards to what is in your Uphold account. But the count for ads seen and your estimated earnings would be different

1 Like

Thank, its not a major issue brave gives me almost 0 dissatisfaction compared to say ff.
Thanks for your help :+1: