Request Removal of My Personal Information

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When I enter my name in “Search”, it returned an item from “golookup.com” containing ALL of my information:
Address
Phone
Email
I would like to have it REMOVED from the Search, please.

Brave Version (check About Brave):
Brave 1.56.20, Chromium 115.0.5790.171

Operating System:
Android 8.0.0

not a brave issue, talk to the site owner. not that it will do you any good.

1 Like

@LenaAtomika unless you’re some portion of people which legally can’t have your information published, I’m not sure if Brave will do anything on that. Brave doesn’t censor or rerank search results. Much of what you’d need to do is to contact the websites that have your information, such as golookup.com to see if they will remove your info. But most likely your information would be available on a host of other sites as well, such as whitepages, intelius, 411, youmail, etc.

Your address, phone number, and other information is often public info. Just as there have always been phone books that shares this information. I’m not sure which country you’re in, but it’s also important to know that if you’ve registered to vote in the United States, people can also see information like your address and it’s all public information.

All of that aside, you can always reach out to the Search team directly using the Feedback image button when you do a Brave Search. To show more of what it looks like, screenshot below:

1 Like

Thank you for the info! :pray:t2::+1: