PSA: More info on Unsupported Region

Hi! User support will be able to help you. Thanks

What it would go by is the information you used for KYC/AML. Has your passport and other information always been with the UK? Also, if you have updated your residential information with them to show Cayman Islands, then the mismatch of KYC documents wouldn’t allow you to connect to Uphold.

So the #1 thing will be making sure you get the information sorted out on your account. Beyond that, you can try to submit a Support Ticket with Brave and see if they can help at all. But it might be the idea of documentation with Uphold where your problem is going to be.

NOTE

Anyone experiencing problems, please create your own topic. Also, the majority of any problems you have that relate to Rewards generally will require you to submit a Support Ticket and won’t be able to be resolved directly on Brave Community.

It’s just best not to have tons of people commenting on the same topic, especially when it’s a bunch of “me too” as it never helps and instead can distract.

Thanks!

Honestly I have to say I’m really disappointed from Brave; I was expecting a transition period for the new way to withdraw earnings, and if meanwhile my country (Italy) was no more supported by Brave-Gemini fine, cause other europeans already did it, but giving to almost all the world the possibility to collect tokens and only to us citizens the “feature” to withdraw it’s a very bad move. I already know about all the issues regarding countries regulations, this is different, from 19 to 1 it’s a business decision, and stop blaming the exchange on this, there are hundreds of them that would be happy to join in this project (atleast some months ago), if you really want to keep users who didn’t join just for privacy. I bet Uphold will face the same destiny in a couple of months.

3 Likes

Uphold are aware, and have always been aware of this. I had the conversation with them when I joined years ago. My DD is up to date and nothing has changed. Only a few weeks ago I checked my DD with Uphold and they confirmed everything is still in order. The problem happened when Brave asked me to confirm my region - I put Cayman (which is where I’ve always been as Uphold have always known). Wake up next day, accounts disconnected. I’ve reached out to Uphold again. Guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens if its not Brave side. And either way, as both regions are supported and I travel between both, I can’t figure out why there would be a problem.

Thanks @tmancey Brave User support or Uphold? I already reached out to Uphold and waiting on a response. I have message history going back to 2019 which I just read where my situation (dual resident) has been addressed with them. I am set up specifically as Uphold recommended for my situation. People move. From a Brave perspective, when I go back to the UK how do I switch my (Brave) region to UK? Cannot see any settings within Brave.

Right, and Cayman isn’t supported right now. It was Brave that made the decision. You can have provided all your info to Uphold as you mentioned, but that doesn’t mean anything. If you have address as Cayman and your passport as UK, then Brave won’t let you link to Uphold. Your info has to match, at least as has been explained by Support.

Well, can try both. Uphold overall just would be if you’re able to change to show everything 100% UK. Brave Support just to see if they can work with you on getting things based on your UK ID. I’m just letting you know now that based on how things have worked in the past, won’t be able to verify until Cayman is supported or you’re back in the UK and can designate all your residential and other documents there. (Or if you’re saying you’re on Nightly and that’s where you set for region, that’s likely the issue and that will have to change it to UK instead of Cayman or something. Again, that would be Brave Support to better answer you on how they have that new setup with the system)

1 Like

Cayman isn’t supported by Brave… since when? Brave have a base here in Cayman and run ad cmpaigns here: https://bravebat.info/brave_ads_campaigns

Basically, since around July/August. As long as you were connected, you’d continue receiving Rewards payments to Uphold/Gemini. But once something happened that you’d get disconnected, you wouldn’t be able to link to Gemini or Uphold again until they add support to the region again. At which point payments would only go to your browser, as if you’re Unverified. (since you now would be)

Two different things. Brave supports it in terms of participating in Rewards and earning BAT, but not support in terms of being able to connect to Uphold or Gemini. That’s kind of where this topic you’ve responded to had been about. People wanted to know why support for custodial accounts was reduced. Especially with the most recent being said to limit Gemini connections to United States only, which you can see at Verifying with Gemini now only available for US Gemini accounts (Brave Rewards)

You can also see my larger Topic on this where I’ve been providing updates to Users as regularly as I can. That topic is at PSA: Unsupported Region

1 Like

@Saoiray you’re always so helpful. Thanks for explaining. I guess I’ll have to wait until it all gets sorted one way or the other. And by the way, I checked my Uphold profile and the country (Cayman) does at least match.

1 Like

My gemini is also disconnected since today and now it says i’m in a not supported region. But i’m in Belgium, it’s well supported. Impossible to sync brave et gemini again

Hi Guys

Please, read the post. Don’t be lazy. It is clearly mentioned that, despite the error, you will receive your rewards.

What if my account is no more connected to Gemini wallet? (screenshots below). I’ve been connected for an year with Gemini to Brave rewards.
I’m asking regards that information mentioned over here:

If you’re already connected to Gemini (even if you do not have a US Gemini account), these changes will not affect you. As of this second, if you are logged out of your Gemini account, it may say that you can’t log back in because your region is not supported. But this error will be resolved in the coming week, and then you will be able to log back in. More importantly, even if it says “Logged out”, you’re still considered connected to Gemini (or Uphold) to us, and should still be receiving ad payouts to your Gemini account!

brave://rewards-internals/:

Brave rewards panel:

Hello Saoiray, just requesting clarification on two of the bulleted points that are a little bit confusing.

• Moving forward, to begin or continue using Brave Rewards, users will need to declare their country. These changes are now in the Nightly version of Brave.

• If you’re already connected to Gemini (even if you do not have a US Gemini account), these changes will not affect you. As of this second, if you are logged out of your Gemini account, it may say that you can’t log back in because your region is not supported. But this error will be resolved in the coming week, and then you will be able to log back in. More importantly, even if it says “Logged out”, you’re still considered connected to Gemini (or Uphold) to us, and should still be receiving ad payouts to your Gemini account!

Just the first sentence on the second bulleted point which says that if you’re already connected to Gemini (even if you do not have a US Gemini account), these changes will not affect you. Does this mean that if we already have a Gemini account that is working we will not have to select a country to be assigned a country code to our Rewards Payment ID? I only ask this question as one comment kind of negates the other one and will lead to confusion (myself as case in point). Any information is greatly appreciated.

@dazzat60 you’re looking at two completely different things.

The one about choosing a country is going to be to everyone. Currently it works by using your device Locale to know which ads to show you. Instead of using Locale, they are going to be using the country you choose. There’s a lot of reasons for this being done, but basically is to help reduce the number of accounts getting flagged AND so Brave can make sure to properly get the $$ from showing ads to people that should be seeing them.

The secondary part is about the current announcement about Gemini being limited to USA accounts only. It’s saying that it only applies to new users/accounts/devices only. So if your device/browser had already been connected to Gemini, you will continue earning BAT and receiving it to Gemini. You may temporarily be unable to reconnect via the browser, but it’s still validated on the backend (or supposed to be anyway). They are working to fix that so browsers can be logged in.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification and the quick informative response. :+1:t4:I am not logged out and don’t anticipate it happening but nice to know that the issues are being worked.

1 Like

Already shared in my other post, but I’ll go ahead and update this too.

GOOD NEWS! Gemini is back to 100% for existing Users. If you’re connecting a new device or have never yet connected Brave to Gemini, you won’t be able to connect. But if you’ve linked to Gemini before and are using the same Rewards profile, you’ll be able to log in once again.

Home _ Twitter - Brave 10_13_2022 22_09_20

(For anyone who doesn’t know, Miyayes = Chriscat)

I’ve also seen this confirmed as people from India have been able to connect their Rewards to Gemini. Just keep in mind, THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAD LINKED THEIR EXISTING BROWSER PROFILE TO GEMINI IN THE PAST.

1 Like

@Mattches @steeven could one of you lock this topic?

2 Likes