Previous Version

The other morning when I sat down at my laptop and started Brave, all my settings were gone. I did manage to get some of that back. The problem is under the appearance tab you can enter what sites you wish to open when Brave starts. I have 2 tabs that should open but unfortunately all I get is the New Tab Page and not either of the tabs I want. What was the previous version and can I get it back? The current one I have is 1.24.84. Also a pre update warning would be nice.

Hi @Loopy, Welcome to Community!
Can you please elaborate on the issue you’re having?
Are you referring to sites to open on start-up or new tab page?

@Loopy,
How exactly did you manage to “get some of your information back”? Also, are you saying that you’ve change the On startup options back to what they should be and it’s still not working?

Hi Mattches

Thanks for your reply.
When I reopened Brave a window open asking me if I wanted to import favorites and that worked as far as I know.

Under the settings regarding what to open when Brave starts I have checked the choice to open I went with use, current pages and that worked in the previous one but this one will not open those pages. It just opens the new tab page. I’ve never had a problem with that before this new edition.

Thank you.

Hi Aa-ron
Thank you for replying.

I’m referring to the sites that open on starting Brave.
Under the settings regarding what to open when Brave starts I have checked the choice to open I went with “use, current pages” and that worked in the previous one but this one will not open those pages. It just opens the new tab page. I’ve never had a problem with that before this new edition.

Thank you.

@Loopy,
Can you please try clearing your browser cache and trying again? Additionally, do you have any extensions installed at this time?

Hi

So sorry for taking this long to answer you. I had to go out of town for a few days.
I am having a hard time finding the cache. I have checked several places according to info on Google but none of them proved to be correct. Can you please tell me where it is? Thank you.

@Loopy,
No worries. Find your way to Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data and ensure the Cookies and site data and Cached images and files options are selected. Then clear the data.

Thanks so much Mattches. It is working perfectly now.

Loopy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.