Pages refresh whenever I change tabs

Description of the issue:

I am having an issue where my tabs will refresh very often whenever I leave the tab and return, even if it’s only 5 seconds later. This is extremely frustrating when I am on a page say, filling out form fields to buy an airline ticket or something, I change to another app to check my passport number and return to the browser…when I reopen Brave to enter the info, the page refreshes and I lose everything and have to start over. This happens fairly often, a few times a day.

Thanks in advance for advice

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave, go to a website
  2. Change tabs or close Brave for a moment
  3. Reopen Brave and the page refreshes and I lose all my progress

Expected result:

If I close the browser or change tabs, it should save my work for at least a few moments before I lose everything. This never used to happen .

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Xiaomi Redmi Note 11, MIUI 13.0.5, Android 12

It’s the same on iOS/iPadOS. I don’t think that the developers are interested.

Hello @okulo, thank you for contacting us. Have you tried updating to the latest version or by deleting cookies and cache? Does the issue happen or private tabs? please answer the question and let us know if the issue still persists. Regards.

I don’t see where to delete cookies or cache. Somebody else suggested this as a remedy for another problem at Settings > Site Settings but I don’t see Site Settings.

I never use Private Mode but I’ll see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.