Page groups expand each time the browser is restarted

Hi everyone!

How to set that in Brave page groups are not expanded after launch browser? I didn’t find option in settings and also on this forum. Thx for help :slight_smile:

I’m throwing this in here because if in fact it can’t be set, it’s perhaps a small detail that will make things better for some.

@LaSansonnet,
Thank you for reaching out to us. To be clear, you’re saying that when you launch the browser, your tab groups look like this:

:point_up: in expanded form (you may not have vertical tabs enabled but same concept) rather than in closed group form?

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

This is exactly what I have in mind. I have the tab groups saved and they are as you visualized it, and it would be more useful (especially when accidentally closing the browser) in my opinion to keep the status of the tab group collapsed or expanded depending on how it looked before closing the browser.

@LaSansonnet,
Thank you for confirming.
So the expected behavior as far as I know is what you’re describing and on my end is what I see.

That is, when I close my browser with my tab groups in “closed” form, when the browser is re-opened, they show up in close form. Same if they’re in expanded form. I just tested this behavior on Beta and Nightly as well with the same results.

Can you tell me what Operating system and Brave version you’re using? This may be a bug your’e encountering.

1 Like

I have Windows 11 Home and Brave version 1.65.123 Chromium: 124.0.6367.91 (official build) (64-bit).

What’s interesting, however, is that I spent the night on PowerShell and Python and after coding overnight and installing various packages including Visulac Studio and Visula C++, the tab groups started working “normally.” They do not automatically expand when the browser is launched.

I don’t know if some patch came in for Brave, which I poominated overnight, or if the packages and scripts I used somehow “fixed” the problem.

If you need more information to diagnose the cause and how it was “fixed” then please let me know. I will try my best to help so that similar problems do not plague the rest of the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are good issues to bring up — definitely not a plague!

Thank you for the information and I’m glad that the issue was resolved either way. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us again if this or any other issue occurs.

1 Like