Page Flickering

Description of the issue: Pages flicker when they first load, when scrolled through, and sometimes with mouse movement. Other tabs may show through or the most recent page visited on that tab will “ghost through” the currently loaded page as if the previous page info didn’t clear, and it’s still stuck in the memory or whatever it’s technically called. Issue affects all / any wesbite.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Enable Hardware Acceleration in Settings > Additional Settings > System.

Brave Version: 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Issue goes away (at least on my PC) when Hardware Acceleration is DISABLED. No issues at all.

My GPU is an EVGA 2080 RTX Super FTW3.

Hello, does this happen always, or occasionally?

Always. I found a reddit post that suggested for NVIDIA users to disable “Fast” V-Sync in the NVIDIA control panel. This may also apply to Vsync in general. I have to say that disabling “Fast” V-Sync, which is what mine was set to for Brave, greatly reduced the flickering. It still does it when transitioning from page to page, but now it’s isolated to only those few / several seconds. It still flickers, but V-Sync definitely is tied to the issue. I have a G-Sync monitor so I’m not sure if that also is contributing to the remaining flicker. At least now it’s somewhat isolated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.