New privacy option "Allow app links to open in apps outside of Brave" disabled by default breaks Custom Tab authentication

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
I was trying to log in to an application using Custom Tabs to manage its authentication and after authentication, I am not redirected in the application and therefore the connection cannot be done.

I saw that it came from a new Privacy option “Allow app links to open in apps outside of Brave”, added recently and by default on off therefore breaking all applications using custom tabs as a basis for authentication.

Can’t this option be off by default only in the browser and enabled on custom tabs? Or display a prompt “Do you authorize [site address] to open [app name or scheme]”?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Just go to an application that offers to connect via a web page in a Custom Tab.
  2. Enter your login credentials and validate
  3. It is stuck

Expected result:
After authentication, be automatically redirected to the source application for the process to complete normally

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.57.50, Chromium 116.0.5845.96

Mobile Device details
Redmi Note 8 Pro

Additional Information: