New Brave user account

Hello,
Im a new user, installed the browser yesterday. I have a big question that i hope someone will be able to help me with…ive set up my brave browser with my bookmarks,logins,everything…what happens when i will reinstall windows? i will have to redo all the bookmarks,etc? is there anyway with brave in order to recover them after the reinstall like i always did with my Firefox? ive searched all day for some info and nothing…much appreciated if you can help me…thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @KyuGunto, Welcome to Community!
I’d recommended backing up your entire Brave profile.
The path should look something like this:
Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data
Within the User Data folder, there should be another folder called Default , that Default folder contains all you info. If you’re using multiple profiles, you’ll also see a folder called Profile 1 . Profile 1 is actually your second profile, if you have a third profile it will be called Profile 2 . If you have deleted profiles in the past, those numbers may be different.
Be sure to store your Default folder somewhere safe (and any additional profiles you have) - you can then copy that Default folder into a new installation of Brave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.