My PC crashed - Sync not working

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:

I had to reinstall my OS and when I tried to re-sync Brave after re-installed I have found out that my sync code has been deprecated. This is the first time I have heard that my code was deprecated. I no longer have access to the previous browser because the OS crashed. I would like all my bookmarks and stuff back please.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Don’t tell people with Sync codes that their codes have been deprecated
  2. Ignorant user’s pc crashed and has been reloaded
  3. Oh crap! The sync code I have used several times previously no longer works and now I’m up the creek without a paddle!

Expected result:

Sync was supposed to turn on!

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Desktop

Release Notes v1.45.118 (Nov 2nd, 2022)

Additional Information:

Why did you deprecate my code without telling me? I tolerate your damn Adverts for your pitiful rewards but you couldn’t use one of those Ad’s to tell me your system is changing and my Sync code is now trash? It is not my job to study your patch notes!

True

Add the 25 th word from here
https://alexeybarabash.github.io/25th-brave-sync-word/

Type the first 24 words then type the new 25 th word. Make sure that your device is in your countries timezone.

1 Like

Thank you very much! You are a legend!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.