Move bookmarks and folders around .. drag and drop

A feature to move bookmarks and folders around by drag and drop please.

Hi @e2noch,
Is this request for desktop or mobile?
Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

I think there is a voting system going to be attached to Brave Feature Requests soon and I think it would be more suitable if this topic was re-titled ‘Improve Bookmarks Management’, so we can discuss all the ways it can be improved.

I’ve read many users type about Vivaldi’s functionality and how unique it is and I’d wish Brave would do the same. Having migrated many bookmarks over from another browser inlcuding Brave’s deprecated Muon version, everything is so messy and disorganised and I’m not even contemplating managing anything in that section until Brave does something.

Bookmarks from a UI standpoint looks so typical and I understand there is work being done on that part but I wish Brave would do something more different from a UX standpoint as well and making the management of hundreds of links/files/bookmarks so easy to manage, organise and sort no matter how it is migrated into Brave-Core.

1 Like

I was asking for desktop but if such a feature was in mobile that would be good too.

Which version that you use @e2noch? You can get that via Menu > About Brave. And which OS?

Brave on desktop is able to reorganize bookmarks and folder by drag and drop it. So it may an issue rather than a request. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

it is available on desktop

I just upgraded to Brave v. 0.68.141 a few days ago from the old Brave (I’ve now deleted the old Brave from my PC.) I’m using Windows 10 on a desktop PC. Brave seems like a great browser – it’s quick and does a good job of fending off advertising.

Yesterday I imported bookmarks that I had previously exported from Comodo Dragon. The import went without a hitch. But I cannot drag and drop bookmarks within Brave’s bookmark manager, nor can I copy/past bookmarks within the bookmark manager. I’ve always been able to do this with other browsers such as Chrome, Dragon, and Firefox. Why can’t I do this with Brave?

@hat2019,
This is very strange – you should be able to do all of this without issue (gif is me drag/dropping into the folder below, then using cmd + z to ‘undo’ that action):

What happens when you try to select multiple bookmarks and drag them?

1 Like

Mattches,
Thanks for your prompt reply. It turns out that I was not understanding the technique for dragging Brave bookmarks and bookmark folders. I was clicking at the left of each folder, on the small folder icon. When I did this, the folder would not move when I left-clicked the mouse and tried to drag it.

But when I clicked farther to the right on the highlighted folder(s) the blue highlight appeared, and I could drag it over and paste it into a folder that appeared in the left column of the page. Now I’ve been able to organize the imported bookmarks so that they are more useful for me. :smiley: