Missing BAT from my wallet suddenly

Yes, I am on the latest update of Brave Browser - [Version 1.5.115 Chromium]

When I checked my BAT rewards this morning, I have about 250 missing BAT. I was in the process of trying to get verified with ridiculously overblown security process, when i noticed the migrated funds. Upholds overblown process looks like really great security considering they’ve managed to lose most of the funds that is rightfully mine. I watched a lot of ads.

Did Uphold simply steal funds from a 63 year old boomer grandmother?

My browser version is: Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

4 Likes

Yeah same thing here. Everything was there and fine about a few days ago. Had about 145-160~ BAT … now all completely gone. On the latest version and everything, no auto contribute, on max 5 ads per hour. I created an account just to post this here since theres absolutely no customer support contact ANYWHERE on this site. Please help. Thanks.

I have recently lost about 250 BAT from my browser as well. Since using this browser I have tried to verify my wallets, sync them, withdraw BAT and nothing has ever worked. This build was 1.0.1 Ubuntu.

1 Like

So have I, just noticed I have 23BAT down from 300+ where did they put it! Now I’m forced to sign in and give my details away just to comment?! what is DIS!!!

Updated to Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) but previously earned BATS are still missing.
I got them just a couple so no big deal, but still annoying.
One other thing maybe related.
I was asked to prove that I am human by dropping Brave triangle into circle. I did that but I received some message “Ups,… something… try again later”. Maybe your system thinks that I am bot because bot check doesn’t work.
Just wild guess.
I love Brave Browser keep developing it.

2 Likes

I just noticed as well that all of my BAT from ad rewards has disappeared. I had roughly $35 worth of BAT.

1 Like

Same issue here.
All Rewards since i Use Brave are missing.
But the Rewards from Last Month (I think so) are avaiable.

Already Updated to
[Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Maybe the Team can fix it.
Thanks!

yup. I uninstalled it and am concerned for the community at this point. thank you for pointing out another privacy browser. If I can’t trust brave with my funds that I earned, then I certainly can’t trust them with my privacy.

1 Like

You need to calm down my dude. They are human being too, you are not the only one with this issue which means it’s a regular issue. If one person was singled out and taken advantage of then you can feel attacked. Go to whatever browser you want, but do it like an adult and not some child. Relax, take a deep breath and move on with your life.

2 Likes

Hello @Mizu3 @cryptom4te @shiruba @peggy @shred @Sev @ArchonBeast @suzie6 @Ryan_Firrow @freewar @withoutadoubt,

Apologies for the inconveniences.

A quick update can be found here If you are using Brave Rewards on Brave 1.2 or older for Desktop, it is time to upgrade

Or the response below. :point_down:

1 Like

Hey guys - we started this thread last Friday - If you are using Brave Rewards on Brave 1.2 or older for Desktop, it is time to upgrade

Please use that so we have a consolidate list of issues.

In any case;

1. We promise you no BAT is lost but there is some issue upgrading it to a new format – if it is lost, we will replenish BAT for BAT to your wallet
    b) we have a few users reporting missing BAT – we are working to resolve that issue
    c) we are putting a fix to ensure that balances get reflected in the next 24 hours

We may need data from some of you to look in to the transaction history and see if we can nail the issue with the upgrade.

Bear with us for the next 24 hours and we may request some wallet-id data from some of you to figure out how to issue the main issue here.

Thank you for your patience.

Best, Mandar

3 Likes

Thanks @eljuno – we are working on this actively over the weekend;

a) to ensure balances get reflected
b) to check what may have been the issue considering 9 out of 10 users have already upgraded with no issues.

Thanks.

2 Likes

My BAT returned after you made this post. Thank you!

Oh yeah, no upgrade needed.

1 Like

@coolbtckid we made a fix to assure you that the grants and rewards you had are not lost so the balance is truly reflected.

However, without an upgrade those rewards and grants will not be usable as such with Brave Rewards. At this point BR before V1.3 is deprecated from a utility of BAT perspective.

1 Like

I was already updated to 1.5. I meant that the reward popped back into my wallet without me doing anything. Thank You!!!

Yes - we reenabled the deprecated end point so that pre-upgrade grant/rewards are reflected. Go to hear that fix worked!

2 Likes

Dear all - can you please check your wallet balance; the balance should have returned back to normal due to a quick fix the team put in place.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, and thank you so much for such a quick response. I’m currently using Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This seems to be a sufficiently upgraded version, but I think I may be misunderstanding you on the BR upgrade necessity. Are you saying that the Brave Rewards program we originally signed up to, needs to be upgraded exclusive of the currently updated browser itself? That we need to re-apply to the BR program on the updated browser?

Thanks

@peggy in short, without getting in the details, the version pre 1.3 uses a different privacy system with Rewards, and the one after uses a faster, better performing one that also deprecates some code. The newer version is also getting ready for utilities we are developing that you will hear about shortly. Just tech debt cleanup – we are always trying to allow for smoother upgrades but …

Thanks for being patient!

2 Likes