Menu not rendering properly for v1engineering

Description of the issue
When going to https://www.v1engineering.com/marlin-firmware/ the menu isn’t rendered correctly.

This is what it looks like with all shield options set to default.

Exact URL of the website in question
https://www.v1engineering.com/marlin-firmware/

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)

It looks like the problem is corrected IF I disable “Ads and trackers blocked”

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
Having “Ads and trackers blocked”

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
Yes

What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
Brave: Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@Mizex,
Thanks for reaching out – great report as well!
So strangely, when I visit the site, it renders as intended (I assume) – all the header links are displayed inline:

The kicker here is that I also have Shields UP and set to defaults – which block ads. Can you try clearing your cache for the site, then revisiting?

Interesting, I tried clearing out the cache and still get the same issue.

So here you can see what happens when I turn on ads and tracking and refresh the page.

@Mizex,
This may seem strange but can you try disabling the Hangouts and Onenote extensions you have enabled briefly?

@Mattches, I have tried as you suggested and disabled all the extensions on Brave and I tested it on another computer just to make sure it wasn’t that particular computer. I am still experiencing the same behavior on that site.

1 Like

@Mizex,
If you you try viewing the site in a Private window (or Private w/tor), do you get the same results?

@Mattches same results in private browsing.

Have you checked in private mode?

@jswami122, I have tested in private browsing with same results.

@Mizex,
To be honest – I’m really not sure what’s causing the issue. I can’t seem to reproduce this on any OS or any Brave channel.

Last thing – would you mind sharing your console output (or an image of it) when visiting the site? Menu --> More Tools --> Dev Tools --> [Console tab]

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.