Keyboard shortcuts in contextual menu

I had been wanting to switch from Firefox to Brave or Chromium as my primary browser for a while now, for a variety of reasons. Managed to get just about every plugin installed and things configured just the way I like it. However, a big productivity feature is missing.

When I am working on a website, I like to have the ability to right-click an element and then hit a key to select the item in the contextual menu to Inspect, which will hone in on that element in Developer Tools. For example, this is done in Firefox by hitting Q after right-click. I do not see a way to select contextual menu items with keyboard shortcuts in Chromium-based browsers. One must drag the mouse to the item and click it. It may not seem like a big deal, but over time the tediousness of this and reduction in productivity makes a difference.

I have searched for a way to add this functionality but have not found a solution yet. Is there a plugin or other way to accomplish this in Brave?

BINGO! After mashing on some keys with the contextual menu open, I found the key for Inspect. For anyone else who has the same question, the key to press to activate Developer Tools from context menu is: N

Perhaps there should be an indicator, e.g. underline of the letter, in the context menu so people can find these keyboard shortcuts without having to engage in trial and error.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.