Kaspersky [KTS19(d)] detecting Brave update/Installer as malware: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic - again

Kaspersky [KTS19(d)] detecting Brave Installer as malware: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic again, this is despite Kaspersky advising: Wed 26-December-2018, 10:56, [Kaspersky Lab Technical Support] “the issue has been fixed as the detection was a false positive”

The purpose of this post is to “alert” Brave/Kaspersky users to the issue:
As a temporary measure, to update Brave, exit Kaspersky, perform the Brave update, reboot, restart.
I’ve re-logged an incident with Kaspersky: ref: INC000010042789.
My suggestion to all Brave users plagued by this specific issue: [Kaspersky [KTS19(d)] detecting Brave update/Installer as malware: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic; “unable to update due to Kaspersky detection”]
is to log an incident with Kaspersky, I’m happy for the following Kaspersky INCs to be referred to:
Current INC000010042789, previous INC000009968534,

Kaspersky re detection of Brave installer: classification: “malware”.

Their previous advice:

Wed 26-December-2018, 10:56 [they (the “experts”) have informed us (Kaspersky Lab Technical Support Level ?) that the issue has been fixed as the detection was a false positive .]

unquote

has now changed to:

Thursday, 17 January 2019 17:59: Initially the (Kaspersky “experts”) did replicate the issue, a subsequent test they (the Kaspersky “experts”) didn’t replicate the issue therefore, they (the Kaspersky “experts” concluded that its(sic) seems the issue is resolved )

unquote
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::speak_no_evil:

Nothing like :speak_no_evil:doublespeak :speak_no_evil:, it’s on a par with any gas-lighting I’ve ever encountered :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

No it’s not resolved, sadly it’s up to every Brave user to bravely re-engage with Kaspersky until they, not only fix the false/positive but acknowledge they’ve fixed it and actually fix it.

Apologies to each & every person who believed, as I did, that what Kaspersky advised, was factual/truthful.
Back to the drawing board.:frowning_face::grimacing:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.