Is my account flagged?

Trying to find out if my account is flagged. I have the latest version Release Notes V1.35.103 (Feb 16, 2022), my Windows 11 is update to date, Windows settings are correct (show notification and auto something is correct).

I received my BAT for January, have been earning all this month, February. As of today, Monday Feb. 21 I quit receiving BAT. I do see the page/pic that awards BAT when it is on my screen, but I don’t earn for it and don’t get ads anymore. My acct. is turned on to earn BAT. I checked and it seems there are active ads in my area (US).

I am retired so I am online all day. Is it possible I have maxed my earning capability? My page says I have viewed 509 ads. My 30 day history shows 2 ads for today and that’s it. I have been online over 8 hours today. 24 ads yesterday and 49 ads the day before.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community.

Short answer, yes. lol Some ad campaigns have caps, so even though you might see the ad, you don’t earn BAT.

You can check on ad campaigns available to your area at Brave Ads Catalog Viewer .

This post explains what some of the information displayed means:

If your ads haven’t started back up, your account may have been flagged for some reason. Only a moderator can check and unflag it if it is flagged. You should send a direct message (DM) to the moderators. Provide a short explanation of your problem and the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in `Settings → Brave Rewards

Mattches and Steeven are the moderators who handle most of the rewards issues.

How to DM a moderator:

Click on their icon and select the Message button in the top right corner or
You can go to your profile and create a new message in Messages.

Hope this helps!

@ricardoh I see in another post @Saoiray was helping you with your vpn issues. You should be able to use your vpn if you follow what he suggested.

Once your account is flagged, there isn’t any way to unflag it except by a moderator. You won’t receive ads and/or earn BAT until the flag is removed.

If you just sent the DM, it may be several days or even longer before they get to you, especially with the amount of backlog the moderators are currently working on. Just be patient.

I know that is easy to say. My account was flagged at one point and the waiting was driving me crazy. And then I had other issues I wasn’t even aware of that I had to solve before I started receiving ads and earning BAT! Was not fun! lol

1 Like

Just a few days ago, I notice that brave introduce a captcha checking for brave rewards to control abuse, and if you fail to answer this captcha then your ads will stop. I just experience mine a few days back, luckily, I solved the captcha after several suggestions here about a workaround and the ads resume. Have you receive something like this too? This is another possible reason in addition to what is already stated above my reply…

I have not received a CAPTCHA. Thanks though.

I will DM a MOD now. Thanks.

1 Like

I actually don’t have or use a VPN. Never have.

UPDATE: A couple of days ago everything started working as normal. I am getting ads and receiving BAT for them as well as seeing the images and getting the rewards for those.

Don’t know how or why things are back to normal… but thanks?!? :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.