Re: Not Earning BAT from Ads (Problem Solved in Initial Topic Post)

Final Update: My account was flagged and after submitting a support request, the flag was removed. Thank-you to the support team! Information from me below pertaining to the original post referenced in the topic is just hot air and confusion on my part. :wink: Take care all. -Chocoholic

@SaltyBanana I sent the info requested via DM. You responded “…found the root of the issue. Your wallet had been flagged by our automated system for irregular activity. I’ve removed the flag, and you should now be good to go.” The DM is locked. I still have the issue of not earning BAT from Ads unless the Verses ad does not earn BAT for viewing/clicking.

I looked in Brave Rewards 30-day Ad History, and the Verses ad click is there but the earnings on the Brave Rewards Card displayed in the browser is not changing. It is not changing in the Brave Rewards Wallet Estimated Earnings display either.

I noticed when looking at ads in the ad history, I only have clicks, no viewed ads, since 01/13/2022. So it appears clicking ads are being recorded but they are not accruing to earnings and viewed ads are not being recorded or accrued to earnings since 01/13/2022.

Please take another look and see if you can resolve the problem. Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Original Support Request:

Update1:
This morning, I clicked the Verses (Many Hands) ad and it showed in my 30-day ad history as clicked but BAT earned did not change. When a crypto.com ad appeared, I clicked it and viewed it. Both the view and the click showed in my 30-day ad history and earned BAT.(yeah!).

I do not know what that is indicating but hopefully it means any other ads that I view/click from now on will be recorded and earn BAT.

Update2:
Just had ad display again,

1. I clicked ad and it appeared as clicked in the 30-day ad history but did not earn BAT.
  2. I viewed ad and it did not show up as viewed in history or earn BAT.
  3. I clicked next ad and it showed up in 30-day history as clicked but did not earn BAT.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I thought if an ad showed up in 30-day history it should also be earning BAT but it isn’t always/consistently doing that. This raises some questions,

1. Even if not earning BAT, why would a view not show up in history when a subsequent click does?
  2. Is this a different problem from the original (account flagged/flag removed by support team member)?
  3. Has there been a change from how earned BAT was previously determined?

I will start keeping a log and post it in a new topic if inconsistencies continue. This topic can be closed. Thank-you!

5 Likes

@SaltyBanana I have the exact same issue! Didn’t receive ads since Jan 13th. Today I turned off and on the ads. Now two backgrounds were counted in the 30-days history but the balance didn’t change.
Maybe I got flagged because this is my work pc with VPN…
Please unflag me.

1 Like

same since 01.01.2022

I do see ads and when I click on them they show up in the rewards tally but at the end of the month they don’t get transferred to uphold despite a functioning uphold and brave connection. I have rewards during the month and at the end of the month it just goes to 0. And these brave guys don’t seem to answer up on it. This thread has nobody from Brave jumping in and helping, same on the other threads. How do you DM them directly?

J’ai le même problème je ne sais pas quoi faire…

A list of moderators can be found here: https://community.brave.com/g/moderators

To DM a moderator, click their icon and you will see a message button in the top right corner. Use this to DM a moderator. However, they may or may not respond.

Your best bet would be to create a problem topic and report the problem using one of the templates provided in the Help Center and Resources category under Community Resources. Here’s the link: Support Templates Reference - #3 by Mattches

From reading various posts, using a template and providing all the information requested really helps speed up response time. From what I’ve read, with the volume of support requests posted, it takes a lot to wade through free-form text messages with missing information. Using the template helps make sure all the necessary information is submitted in a structured format.

I hope this helps and you get your problem solved. Good luck!

I didn’t get my december bat payment and i can’t win an award from the ads i’ve seen for a long time. I sent a direct message to @steeven 9 days ago. I shared all the requested information in the message, NINE DAYS ago “Thanks, reviewing.” I got your message. But nothing has changed. I think I’ve been flagged. I wrote my problems in the message I sent earlier. Waiting for you to solve my problem.

thank you and yes this helped. I contacted them. Frankly that problem with rewards must be a number one issue. I have seen tons of messages on this subject and tickets that were related to this. The rewards are a big item that keeps the Brave community together.

Vous devez écrire le personnel de soutien. Voici le lien https://community.brave.com/g/moderators. Mais écrivez-les en anglais à moins qu’il n’y ait du personnel Brave affecté à votre région qui parle français! I am not sure.

Agreed. Posts to Brave Rewards is by far the most active category and I bet the Brave Support sub-category gets the largest chunk of those! I feel for the moderator(s). It looks like they only have one moderator assigned to the category although others do pitch in. I wouldn’t want that job! lol

I’ve been logging my ad views/clicks for a couple of days. I definitely did not understand functionality even after reading the Help Center/Rewards support topics. Really, the questions I had were raised from a lack of understanding. Anyway, I thought I would post an update to the questions. It will be a nice reminder if I run into problems again later on down the road.

Probably not. I just didn’t understand how it was working.

Rambled on enough now. And, yes, I do get tired of talking to myself. :wink:

@SaltyBanana Hi I still haven’t recieved last months payments and had no ad’s since January 14th, can you help me out? Thanks

@SaltyBanana I want to ask is my wallet flagged if not then what is the issue because I am getting very lesser number of ads.can you please help me

Bro I wanna ask about brave internals can you reply?

@donkja I don’t want to be too snarky but can you please not call me Bro. Thank-you and appreciated in advance.

You can ask but I probably can’t help. I really don’t know anything about them. I just based my musings on what I thought might be their function. I probably am totally wrong about any intent/function I extrapolated from the displayed information.

Have you looked through the Rewards topic in the Brave Help Center? There may be information there that answers your question.

also havent been recieving ads, Ive been saying this for weeks but no solution has come through for me

@Bigdave @Silent_Assassian I know how frustrating it can be not to get ads and not be able to get help on figuring out why! Been there, done that and everyone seems to be in the same boat… hope it doesn’t sink!. lol

Brave Rewards/Rewards Support appears to have a new policy in place. New to me anyway. I don’t remember seeing it when I submitted my help request… Anyway, if you haven’t seen it either, you must submit a help request using the template now. The template displays to the right when you create a new topic. You just copy and paste the questions in the message text pane and provide the requested info and submit. The header note at the top of the template reads:

So, if you submitted a help request in the past without using the template, you might want to try submitting again using the template, especially if you didn’t use it in the past. I would try this method first.

It appears they are trying to clear the backlog of requests and that is a good sign. IMO they just don’t have the support staff to handle the volume of requests. I totally support the new submission policy. Maybe this will help organize help requests and give them the information they need to actually solve a problem. And in return, that will result in faster response times! Keeping my fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am one of those user also didn’t received the reward for the month of Dec. please I’m begging for help to fix this issue.

@silverkiss713 Hi :slightly_smiling_face: Have you tried this? January Brave Ads Payout Status Just follow the instructions and submit! That is probably your best bet for getting help.

Rambling On… Update to something I posted about not getting ad notifications

I’m getting ads through Notifications now! Yeah!

Initially, when I enabled notifications, I followed these instructions when I realized I wasn’t receiving Brave ads through notifications: Brave Ads Windows 10 Troubleshooting. Good instructions, easy to follow. BUT… I still didn’t receive any Brave ads. I thought it was just the region I’m in (flyover country, middle of nowhere :laughing:) BUT…

Here is the part of the instructions I used (just the text, omitted the images):

Quote/
Of course, you can take advantage of the Focus Assist settings, and also view Brave Ads. Here is how you can configure your settings to enjoy both:

1. From within the Focus Assist settings, select Priority Only or Alarms Only .
  2. Check to make sure that During these times scheduling is disabled .
  3. Check to make sure that the box for Show me a summary of what I missed when Focus Assist was on is checked.

See Brave Ads that served while Focus Assist was enabled

When Focus Assist is enabled and the Show me a summary of what I missed while focus assist was on setting is enabled, Brave Ads notifications that you missed while you had Focus Assist enabled will remain in the System Notification Center for you to revisit at your leisure.
/end quote

Well… that didn’t work either! Still no ads.

I kept running across posts that said you had to have focus assist off, even though the instructions say you don’t. I decided to just turn off focus assist, I wasn’t receiving Brave ads anyway. Once, I did, Voila, I started receiving ad notifications almost immediately!

So, in my case, I wasn’t able to use Focus Assist and still receive Brave Ad notifications per the instructions. Who knows why it didn’t work (probably something I did, sounds familiar anyway lol) but who cares. I’m getting ad notifications now! Yeah, again! :joy:

2 Likes