Final Update: My account was flagged and after submitting a support request, the flag was removed. Thank-you to the support team! Information from me below pertaining to the original post referenced in the topic is just hot air and confusion on my part. Take care all. -Chocoholic
@SaltyBanana I sent the info requested via DM. You responded “…found the root of the issue. Your wallet had been flagged by our automated system for irregular activity. I’ve removed the flag, and you should now be good to go.” The DM is locked. I still have the issue of not earning BAT from Ads unless the Verses ad does not earn BAT for viewing/clicking.
I looked in Brave Rewards 30-day Ad History, and the Verses ad click is there but the earnings on the Brave Rewards Card displayed in the browser is not changing. It is not changing in the Brave Rewards Wallet Estimated Earnings display either.
I noticed when looking at ads in the ad history, I only have clicks, no viewed ads, since 01/13/2022. So it appears clicking ads are being recorded but they are not accruing to earnings and viewed ads are not being recorded or accrued to earnings since 01/13/2022.
Please take another look and see if you can resolve the problem. Let me know if I need to provide more information.
Original Support Request:
This morning, I clicked the Verses (Many Hands) ad and it showed in my 30-day ad history as clicked but BAT earned did not change. When a crypto.com ad appeared, I clicked it and viewed it. Both the view and the click showed in my 30-day ad history and earned BAT.(yeah!).
I do not know what that is indicating but hopefully it means any other ads that I view/click from now on will be recorded and earn BAT.
Just had ad display again,
- I clicked ad and it appeared as clicked in the 30-day ad history but did not earn BAT.
- I viewed ad and it did not show up as viewed in history or earn BAT.
- I clicked next ad and it showed up in 30-day history as clicked but did not earn BAT.
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I thought if an ad showed up in 30-day history it should also be earning BAT but it isn’t always/consistently doing that. This raises some questions,
- Even if not earning BAT, why would a view not show up in history when a subsequent click does?
- Is this a different problem from the original (account flagged/flag removed by support team member)?
- Has there been a change from how earned BAT was previously determined?
I will start keeping a log and post it in a new topic if inconsistencies continue. This topic can be closed. Thank-you!