iPad OS, only small keyboard in Brave, while toggle small/large in Safari possible

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
iPad OS. Large Keyboard layout not available / toggleable.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. go to a text entry field in Brave Browser.
  2. small keyboard and an additional window appears.
  3. try enlarging the small keyboard, as possible in other apps, and also in Safari. Keyboard will stay on small layout - not enlargeable.

Expected result:
Keyboard should be enlargeable to use it with 10 fingers.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.45.1 (22.11.17.19)
Mobile Device details
iPad Pro 5. Gen 2021, latest iPad OS
Additional Information:

2 Likes

Hello there @Jojojo please accept my apologies for this issue. Could you please try deleting your cookies from the app to see if the issue is solved?

1. In Brave, open the main menu, then Settings --> Privacy. Note: You can also select Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data
  2. Select Clear browsing data

Let me know if you are able to change the keyboard size.

Hi @Kevin_cc ! Thanks so much for your feedback.
I did so, but it did not change the behaviour.
A few days later I was able to shrink and maximise the onscreen keyboard, though.
Now (I tried just this morning) it does not work, again, and stays on “small”.
While switching into other apps let’s me maxi-/minimise the keyboard there with the typical zoom, unzoom gesture with two fingers.
Don’t know. Feels like randomly I do something wrong. Let’s see.
Thanks for your help! Jojo

1 Like

@Jojojo could you please try loading any page in private mode on Brave to see if the issue persist? If it works properly in private mode, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.