Introducing Brave Crypto Wallets

I was prompted by a website to install Crypto Wallets, which seemed sketchy, I didn’t know what it was so I looked it up and found out it was a Brave thing, I found it in settings and it was enabled. It is now disabled. official

In your Settings, for Extensions, for “Web3 provider for using Dapps,” the setting for disabling should be set to “none.”

Furthermore, Default settings for Extensions are as follows: Hangouts Enabled, IFPS Disable, Media Router Disabled, Private Browser with Tor Enabled, Web Torrents Enabled, Widevine Enabled.

Default settings, of course, are just that, and you are free to change them.

Other than this, the extensions that you have added to Brave “might” affect your being solicited when visiting certain websites.

The sites hold Dapps, which are specific to Ethereum Blockchain, which is what Brave’s “Crypto Wallet” is built upon – a hybrid Metamask, so to speak.

I can assume that Brave ran up against trilemma in blockchain systems, and has gone with Uphold’s centralized versus Crypto Wallet’s de-centralized feature so as to focus on consistency and scale, thus sacrificing the de-centralization arm of the trilemma.

If trilemma interest:

Click here to go to Ethereum Github.

But yes, ensure your extension settings are default, Web3 set to none, and you’ve no extensions enabled that are Discovery Apps that seek out ETH blockchain (or any Blockchain back-end coded application) Dapps (de-cemtralized apps whose back ends are built upon blockchain).

But, my understanding is that Brave shouldn’t interact with Dapps if Web3 is not enabled – set it to none.

…and apologies if this doesn’t resolve the issue. I came with some of my own, and saw this, and thought I’d drop far too much text. Regards.

Wondering if you have any insight on what I could do to solve a USDC and an ETH transfer that are pending…for a long time. USDC transfer has been pending for over 1 month, and I’ve tried subsequent transfers to another wallet (not within Brave) that go nowhere. I’ve also recently tried an ETH transfer and that is now pending as well.
Here’s my very first USDC transaction ID, from June 3rd, as copied from the Brave Crypto Wallet screen.
0x049c0655051c384f2875a9c1a51bcfe8e7260b18428b5b8a626e769b787f5592
Let me know if there’s anything else I can tell you to help get this cleared up.
Thanks

Did you set your own gas price, or let the vanilla gas pricing component work uninhibited?

I will look at them.

In the meantime, I would suggest toggling your data collection items under settings to on.

Whether you understand them or not(and you can), these will grant you a more robust downloadable state log.

Welcome to crypto.

The marketplace that allows yo infinite wallets with which you may trade with yourself, coin drops that can teach you to manually filter a Merkle, and all trustless transactions occur smoothly except yours.

1 Like

allarming1volume

10h

Hi guys, i have a serious problem.
I am.seeing my purchase in etherscan but not in Brave wallet. Even the ethereum is 0.00 and i had two more cryptos too which does not show me. The account is not the same at all and i try to log from.different pc, i do make new profile.but still nothing. Is there someone who can help me.thank yoy

1 Like

In Brave Wallet, you need to add your coins/tokens. It will then display them.

1. Log into wallet
  2. Ensure you’re on Assets tab
  3. At the bottom you’ll find Add Token button
  4. Try by name first
  5. If it is not listed, copy the token contract address from Etherscan (or your familiar explorer) and paste into Add Token

Not every token is supported.
MetaMask wallet browser extension is an excellent software wallet.
I am curious if extension wallets will become progressive web applications, as it would seem there is a push to eliminate extensions.
Whether it is a security plus to move to PWA should be the only reason.
The internet is fine. Security should be the guiding concern 100%.

1 Like

This is great. Any reason why this can’t work with BAT tokens generated in browser? The third parties atm are a huge pain to deal with.

3 Likes

Yes. Import does not seem to work. Perhaps I’ll continue reading. I tried this with the release version via flags and found it refreshing that Brave wants to compete.

This was several months ago.

The odd thing is they will be directly competing with competitors.

ToS and Privacy policy are first line due diligence, btw.

2 Likes

Just noticed the Brave Wallet popped up in v96. Went and read this:

Should that article mention that the Brave Wallet is a fork of Metamask?

Should it say anything about the feature parity?

How about the inability to import secondary wallets from Metamask?

1 Like

why bat chose ethereum in first place having very high fees for transactions
i have 20 bat and withdrawal fees are 38 bat what to do there are many users like me in same situation just because of eth fees and brave wallet supports eth
what about trc20 or solana

1 Like

We’re adding support for Solana by the first half of 2022.
You can also use any EVM compatible network today in the new wallet, not only Ethereum.

we can use but not for transferring bat or we can?

The new wallet definitely supports BAT. But keep in mind this if you mean BAT rewards:

I find this statement odd. Is it contradictory? I do know that I’m unable to use my phrase to restore.

Metamask has the browser in the wallet–I think it’s fantastic. Of course, I stay away from pure ETH trades every opportunity because of the crazy gas fees.

It would seem they are inescapable though in that networks that utilize zero knowledge must first be swapped into–so one pure gas fee is guaranteed.

Crypto Wallet began as a Brave internal.

Why does MM internal browser function so well?

Does the separation of browser and wallet revolve around reigning in BAT rewards?

The payout txns are recorded on chain, but there is a bad kinda trustless as far as reward payouts go–nothing matches, and users are given no insight or reason to how a reward is arrived at.

Plus there’s the lifetime 4 devices thing …which is easily surpassed in two years of consumer device upgrades.

I suppose it was well intended mechanism to prevent abuse f referrals?

Anywho… I may sound upset but really, keep up the good work. I like my Brave browser–but wallets, jeesh…I’ve Gemini, Abra, Coinlist, RWallet, D’Cent, Zerion, ZapperFi, Hedgehog, Metamask, KuCoin, Cake Defi, and Coinbase.

I now trade. Not full time. I do utilize bot platforms. I’m not a whale…more of a shark(ling).

Brave Crypto Wallet was my first ever.
Brave Crypto Wallet state logs earned me UNI.
Brave Crypto Wallet & Uphold cut my teeth.
Please take care of Crypto Wallet.
I’m quite partial.

Merry Christmas

1 Like