I can`t connect brave wallet with Uphold

Hi, when I try to connect my brave wallet with Uphold Im getting information that its not available in my region. I`m from Poland and Uphold is availabla in my country…

1 Like

@Jarek1233

Probably nothing can be done, now, as you wait (we do not know how long) for support of your region, to return. But . . .

If you wish, request help, by completing the Brave Rewards Support Ticket Form at:

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

Wallet Payment ID would be required in the ticket form and will be found at: brave://rewards-internals/

(If, somehow, you cannot locate your Wallet Payment ID, then try using your e-mail address in the entry field.)

Please DO NOT reveal your Wallet Payment ID nor other personal info (egs. full name, e-mail address), here, at this very public forum, the Brave Community.

Report your issue details and include:

• URL address where you first posted your issue

I am also having the same issue. Uphold account automatically got disconnected. Now when I am trying to connect , it says region not supported. I am from India

New World Order , bankers dont want ppl to use crypto currencies anymore and want to spy everyones life with a unique money

thats the plan

I have the same issue. Im From Argentina.
will it change at some point?

Time to say goodbye for Brave.

I have the same problem. FRANCE
I feel like I’m going to lose everything… If this continues, I’m going to change my browser!

1 Like

@chrisplan3d

Might want to listen to the first few minutes of the Community Call linked below. Brave staff talk about the region restrictions and India and France are top priorities.

It helps if you try to search through for answers rather than posting to complain. Chocoholic shared with you one of the Community Calls that we had. In it, Brave often speaks about things happening and answers questions. In the first 5 minutes of that call, they addressed regional. I’ll do a paraphrase of things said, just for anyone here who might struggle with spoken English.
_________-

I see a lot of questions about some of the new recent country restrictions. We know that the last few weeks have been super confusing on what countries are supported. Some historically have gone in and out of support as compliance issues. Some, frankly, as I’ve shared before, have become fraud vectors (we don’t go into that in too much detail).

But what we wanted to do in this latest round is say, ok, let’s constrain it down to countries we have been comfortable with and had the least amount of issues.

We’re hoping over the next couple of weeks is that we’re going to put some more kind of controls and protections in place with those custodial partners and will start to bring regions back. France is top of my list to bring back. India is definitely on my list to bring back as soon as possible. So a lot of those countries, we’re going to really be working with those custodial partners to make sure things are in good shape so we can bring those back as soon as possible. Some, frankly, may take longer than others.

As I mentioned to Stephen (Saoiray), it may take us a little while to figure out things in Vietnam and Philippines. We’re still working on that. We still want to bring all these regions back, but hopefully ones like France and India, they’re probably at the top of our list to bring back into the fold. As soon as we have any updates there, we will let you know. That’s a lot of what we’ll be working on over the next few weeks and we’ll do our best to keep you updated.

Just want to mention that a transcript, in English, of the Community Call is available. You can always copy/paste the transcript into a translator program. Really nice to have the content of the transcript edited and formatted though! Yeah! Much easier. :laughing:

Hi Stephen , @Saoiray

Thank you for being so helpful. I have a little problem tho. I have a UK Uphold account (from England). I am not able to connect my uphold to brave due to region being unsupported. I was recently in Germany and now in France (two of the countries not supported). I only get back to UK next week. I want to know if I can use the brave VPN to update to my UK location in the mean time in order to connect to brave? I will be travelling to Germany and France again in mid August and i want to take all the BAT i have before on uphold. thnx

As long as you IP matches your Locale, you should be good. To check Locale, go to brave://rewards-internals and then click on Ads Diagnostics. It’ll show your Locale. Make sure VPN matches and you’re good with no real risk.

It’s when those things don’t match, especially over long periods of time or where you seem to ping all over the place that it sees suspicious activity.

Thank you so much. I have checked it

Enabled: true

Locale: en-GB

My locale is definitely GB, I guess I have been suspicious because I have a “travelling” job. I hope I manage to retrieve it.

Thank you again Stephen

Responding on mobile while at doctors. Just realized I missed one thing. The bit i mentioned is caution to prevent getting flagged.

As for payment things, that goes by your Uphold/Gemini account. So even if vacationing somewhere, it would pay based on where you kyc that account.

Locale and IP though is how it determines which ads to show and what you earn. If those two don’t match you’ll either not see ads or you’ll see ads and get no BAT for it, because it can’t figure out if you’re actually in that target region.

Obviously as that continues, is where accounts get flagged because they can’t tell if it’s intentional, but either way it causes problems with figuring out if ads properly were delivered to right demographic and all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.