How to backup history of clicked on hyperlinks (Which folder in AppData?)

I am trying to copy the whole AppData > User Data for Brave, but it takes many hours because of the huge amount of files. Can anybody tell me where specifically is located the history of seen/clicked on hyperlinks.

It is very crucial as I’ve clicked on over 100,000 links already and I want them saved for future so I don’t stumble on the same page twice.

Thank you ledges:)

PS/ also what is in “Greaselion” folder? it seems to be causing most of the trouble when doing a backup. Are hyperlinks safe if I don’t copy it?

What is the actual goal you’re trying to accomplish? Wondering if there’s a different/simpler way.

I’m using it for a site called “Discogs”, there are 600,000 releases of house music there, this allows me to keep track of which tracks/links I’ve listened to already.

I looked up online, I think it is stored in browser cache. (not sure though).

Try searching for chrome, you will answer for brave.

Yeah I’m currently looking in the browser cache, but there are so many folders. Thank you:)

@SlavTrax

File System (folder) - can grow to be LARGE and require attention:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\File System\

You can examine the contents of that folder and remove some large items.

History (file - usually lots of data):

%LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\History

aka (path)

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\History

2 Likes

Thank you kind sir:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.