How long does it take to verify?

Hello there,
I think there is something wrong with verification. It’s been +5 months I’m still waiting for my website to be verified and I’m tired of asking this question: how long does is take a website to be verified?

1 Like

It should happens instantly – mean your site should verified after you finish the verification. And 24-48 hours for your Brave to update the local publishers list.

How did you verify your site? https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021408352-How-do-I-verify-my-channel-

1 Like

Hello @eljuno,
I used “Wordpress Verification” approach for my website but when I click Brave icon on the bar (browser), it says “This Brave Verified Creator has not yet configured their account to receive contributions from Brave Users. Any tips you send will remain in your wallet until they complete this process.” But I’m sure I did everything to be verified.

Also when I check “https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/” there is nothing I can do. There is only one comment and it says “Channel will be transferred from current owner in a short time.” and I don’t know what it means. I see this comment for months, nothing new.

1 Like

Well, does anyone have an answer for this issue? I’m unable to receive donations through brave browser.

1 Like

Apologies for really late response @almora. Did you still get the same message like above? :point_up:

cc @asad @steeven @Mattches for additional assistance

1 Like

Hello @eljuno,
No problem. Yes I have the same error.

Those message should only appears when the channel/site is already verified in other creator account. Did you happens know about that? Maybe someone/other admin of your channel did verify it before?

Can you retry the verification process? You should see a “delete” button for the site.

1 Like

Are you referring to the “remove channel” button? In my case i tried that several times but that makes things only worse since i am being thrown back to the 10 days waiting period.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.